Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have recently bought two pairs of MSI Homeplug Epower 200Mbits V2 and hopefully you will be able to help with my problem.

Here's the thing. I have the classic router from my ISP which provides only 1 ethernet port. So, i have one homeplug connected there, and the other one, in order to have all my computers connected to the internet im using a router in another room with the other homeplug. Everything works great and im really satisfied with the specific homeplugs.

Now the question...I want to use the third homeplug in the living room lets say, but it wont work cause it recognizes the connection from the ISP (1 ethernet) router which is already connected with my router.

Is there any chance to synchronize the homeplug which is connected to my router with the third one without any conflicts with the ISP router?

Thank you.

·

29,532 Posts
It sounds like it's a modem and not a router since adding a second device to a modem will usually not work.
What you want to do, instead of what you're doing now, is:

Instead of going to the Homeplug from the modem, you should rather plug your modem directly into your router, which then goes to the Homeplug. If necessary, add a switch on the other ends of the Homeplugs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sorry, actually its a modem. Thing is, my router is so far away from the modem. I need to get a 30 - 40 meters cable to do it.

Any other suggestion?

·

29,532 Posts
Why can you not move the router to the modem?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thought of that as well but unfortunately the wireless connection is terribly bad then. Well this can be solved with an access point but the whole idea was to do it without wires just with the use of homeplugs.

But i guess what i want to do is not possible. But hey, thanks alot

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexmark View Post
Yeah thought of that as well but unfortunately the wireless connection is terribly bad then. Well this can be solved with an access point but the whole idea was to do it without wires just with the use of homeplugs.

But i guess what i want to do is not possible. But hey, thanks alot

I've never used Homeplug, but if it's possible to have them on 2 different channels, so that they can not communicate together, you can still do it the way you're doing it, but you need to plug in a second pair of Homeplugs which goes from your router's LAN port, into the HomePlug on another channel, and then into the other room, which is also on that other channel.

Last option would be to buy a cheap router that does not have a wireless connection and put that between the modem and the HomePlugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts