Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have a pair of headphones and a set of speakers hooked up at the same time so I can switch between them? I have my AD700s plugged directly into my Xtremegamer. If I want to use regular speakers I have to pull out my tower, unplug my headphones, and plug in the speakers.

All I want is the ability to keep them both hooked up while choosing which device currently outputs sound (maybe via software?).

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
i plug my headset into my sound card and speakers into mobo sound, then switch devices accordingly by right clicking on the volume icon, i didnt answer your question but its a possible solution.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
it does. i plug the speakers in the case, and the headset into the card, that way switching between the two is just a click away.

edit: u can probably create a command shortcut to switch with one click instead of a couple right clicks

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
I doing this same thing have been doing it for years. All you need is a 3.5mm Y Splitter. Then turn one off when you are not using it.

• Rep+
Reactions: ItsEggrollTime

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=*HERO*=-
View Post

won't it play out of both at te same time tho?

Yes but most speaker system have a off button, some headphones have it to. If they don't just turn the one you are not using all the way down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitpc313
View Post

THIS^ Look at my cables in the back. Does something look familiar?

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=*HERO*=- View Post
no interference?
None.

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
I use my receiver. 3.5mm to RCA than my headphones plugged into the front of the receiver

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My front audio port isn't hooked up so that won't work. A splitter is a great idea though. Do you think I can find one at Radioshack? I can also try using my onboard sound for the speakers since they suck anyway.

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsEggrollTime View Post
My front audio port isn't hooked up so that won't work. A splitter is a great idea though. Do you think I can find one at Radioshack? I can also try using my onboard sound for the speakers since they suck anyway.
Radioshack is where I got the ones in the PIC on the front page.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
I'm figuring that you wish to run through your audio card rather than through your front panel.

So here goes.

You COULD do this if you run a 1.8 Y splitter. You can get them from Radio Shack for $10 or less.

Plug both in and when you want to run your headset turn down your speakers. You might have to put a volume control inline so you can do the same thing with your headset if it doesn't have volume control option.

Depending on the device you might be able to run without the splitter if there are two dedicated out jacks.

Hope this helps.

~Ceadder

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceadderman
View Post

I'm figuring that you wish to run through your audio card rather than through your front panel.

So here goes.

You COULD do this if you run a 1.8 Y splitter. You can get them from Radio Shack for $10 or less.

Plug both in and when you want to run your headset turn down your speakers. You might have to put a volume control inline so you can do the same thing with your headset if it doesn't have volume control option.

Depending on the device you might be able to run without the splitter if there are two dedicated out jacks.

Hope this helps.

~Ceadder

Did you read a single post on the front page?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
lol, cut him some slack, hes new. read the TOS buddy,
http://www.overclock.net/new-members/ read a whole thread, or at least most of it, before, posting. Also somewhere in there it says to use your +rep button under someones avatar wisely (as in when helpful info is given) DON'T use them for stuff like: hey, your pc rocks +rep, hahahahha your funny +rep, or thats the worst burn ever +Rep (aka pity rep) just for helpful information.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
My page didn't finish loading. Happens when you're running 24.0 mbps at low to very low. But hey at least we know I'm not FoS, right?

~Ceadder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pings
View Post

Did you read a single post on the front page?

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Yes. As in "Full of Stuff" to put it in a nice polite term.

Quote:

View Post

FoS?

I didn't even know that we could +Rep ourselves. I never used the feature. Those Reps were come by honestly and not because I was "funny".

~Ceadder

Quote:

View Post

lol, cut him some slack, hes new. read the TOS buddy,
http://www.overclock.net/new-members/ read a whole thread, or at least most of it, before, posting. Also somewhere in there it says to use your +rep button under someones avatar wisely (as in when helpful info is given) DON'T use them for stuff like: hey, your pc rocks +rep, hahahahha your funny +rep, or thats the worst burn ever +Rep (aka pity rep) just for helpful information.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts