Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm having a little difficulty trying to figure out what product I would need to get for hooking up my game systems to my Moniter. To make things clear I am not hooking it to my video card, but just monitor(just using it like a TV). What do I need to do to be able to do this? So far I was considering of getting this

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/52...r_S_Video.html

Since it seems like this is what I needed, but It keeps referring to A Videocard so I'm kinda of unsure.

Also the monitor I'm using has an Audio Output & Speakers and I already have the cable to make that work just need some kind of VGA adapter for Systems.

Thanks!

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
I tried one of those adapter things with a Wii, and it didn't work. I have an official Xbox 360 VGA cable, though so that works fine.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If you get it for the Xbox I recommend the Microsoft made one, I had the Intec (I think) one long ago and it didn't have hardly any resolutions and it ghosted a lot! The Microsoft one however supports every resolution on my screen and doesn't ghost, is crystal clear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it also work for my Wii? The Microsoft made one? Also plan on hooking my Dreamcast to it as well.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you have the comp. cables for the wii. Just get a comp to dvi adapter, and there ya go!

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
How do you plan to solve the lack of speakers on your monitor? There's no line-out audio on the XBox 360 or Wii. You'd have to do something with the component out on the Wii, and I don't think you can use both HDMI and component out on the XBox.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts