Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHHH im not OCin my AMD 2800+ but its like 158f. I am ocin my geforce fx 5500 tho think that could be causing high temp? and btrw think 158 can seriuosly hurt my comp???

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

AHHH im not OCin my AMD 2800+ but its like 158f. I am ocin my geforce fx 5500 tho think that could be causing high temp? and btrw think 158 can seriuosly hurt my comp???

Thats 70C, is the heatsink sitting on the CPU correctly??? Did you use thermal paste???

Try taking the heatsink off and reseatting it, also make sure your CPU fan is blowing into the heatsink not drawing air from it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
ok seeing what your keyboard and mouse are I have to ask, is it a prebuilt machine?

if so 70*C very well may be normal for how it was built. when I had an HP it ran 65*c

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Thats 70C, is the heatsink sitting on the CPU correctly??? Did you use thermal paste???

Try taking the heatsink off and reseatting it, also make sure your CPU fan is blowing into the heatsink not drawing air from it.

Hmm ok so which direction is blowing into left or right? and what do you mean by reseatting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts