Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's nice they finally have it posted where you can download it directly instead of having to deal with Microsoft Customer Service.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by euphoricmix View Post
It's nice they finally have it posted where you can download it directly instead of having to deal with Microsoft Customer Service.
Word! but PC magazine did an article on it last month and they have it hosted on their site .. but good idea to post it

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
DIdn't know this at all! I'll run this after I'm doing burning in my Opty.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Quote:

Overview
Install this update to fix a situation where your Windows-based system that supports processor power management features, and is equipped with multiple processors, may experience decreased performance. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Seems like it's only for computers that use EIST or C'n'Q, stuff that the majority of users here turn off. Nice find though.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316
View Post

Seems like it's only for computers that use EIST or C'n'Q, stuff that the majority of users here turn off. Nice find though.

That is for lappy's I do believe...When you go to your power management area you see that pertains to battery management I think

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes the overall is for both just different links for different setups...lol

There are like ten links or more to follow through the two I provided...Follow some of the "other" downloads further down on the page

Computers that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features, such as Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) processor performance states, require Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Additional updates are available to optimize performance and behavior on computers that are running Windows XP SP2. Without these updates, computers that are equipped with these power management-capable, mobile, dual-core processors may experience decreased performance or unexpected behavior.

Note This problem also applies to x64-based versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2003. However, this article and its associated private hotfix are not intended to resolve timing problems in games and other applications that run on AMD dual-core computers. For more information about performance issues on dual-core computers, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
909944 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909944/) Game performance may be poor on a Windows XP-based computer that is using a dual-core processor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.