Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling my hotmail has been compromised by an unknown person in my family cause a bunch of my private emails have been bounced/forwarded to my mom........this is the second time now

I have already changed passwords and stuff.......the works
from 8 letter passwords i have moved to 13 letter passwords

Is there any way to monitor who/what IP is accessing my email and when? I know gmail has this feature but does hotmail have it?

thanks

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Orphcrack your way onto family members computers and see if they have been visiting Hotmail and using your e-mail address. Easiest way to do it.

Another thing, check for keyloggers. That's how someone ended up getting my gmail account

·
Registered
145 Posts
is it JUST your mom receiving your emails or all of your contacts?

A similar thing happened to me, basically i was a bot for someone for a day or two. dont know how it happened, but i changed my pw and it's all good.

Get some good virus scan tools, although I doubt thats the issue.

What I would do, is get a free keylogger and install it and see what happens

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

Orphcrack your way onto family members computers and see if they have been visiting Hotmail and using your e-mail address. Easiest way to do it.

Another thing, check for keyloggers. That's how someone ended up getting my gmail account

only have the 1 computer....I have her gmail password so I will be monitoring her account

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearlessLdr88
View Post

A similar thing happened to me, basically i was a bot for someone for a day or two. dont know how it happened, but i changed my pw and it's all good.

just my mom....and specific emails to do with me buying my PC parts which I do not want her to know

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearlessLdr88
View Post

Um.. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but - Get a keylogger?

Don't you mean scan for keyloggers?

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsdude View Post
Um.. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but - Get a keylogger?

Don't you mean scan for keyloggers?
lol?

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
In your mom's account, go into one of the messages that was forwarded (if you still have it). Then, in the down-angle-thingy next to the Reply button (top-right) of the message, select Show Original.

This should show the message including the message headers. The message headers aren't hard to interpret, but this is where you would check to see the path the message took. You may luck out and the header contains something like "Originating IP" or some such.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComGuards View Post
In your mom's account, go into one of the messages that was forwarded (if you still have it). Then, in the down-angle-thingy next to the Reply button (top-right) of the message, select Show Original.

This should show the message including the message headers. The message headers aren't hard to interpret, but this is where you would check to see the path the message took. You may luck out and the header contains something like "Originating IP" or some such.
nope
the address is my address and is forwarded from my account
however, that person is very smart
....left no trace in my email...deleted the sent/forwarded message in my trash bin......

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
In Gmail, you could view the ip of another session on your gmail account. Not sure about hotmail though... Does your family have access to your computer? Might be a keylogger/stealer

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340
View Post

If you are on a child account they likely have control over you with a parental account.

this could be possible........anyway to check?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
unfortunately I already deleted my emails permanently from her inbox
now I can't do that sigh
That was dumb.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsee
View Post

That was dumb.

yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

get a new email account

won't let me

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Either your mom is logging onto your account and forwarding it to herself as evidence, or you have a jealous tattle tail brother that wants to see you get into trouble. Seek him out and go into destroy mode, LOL.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
phish her
hhahaha

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericld View Post
Either your mom is logging onto your account and forwarding it to herself as evidence, or you have a jealous tattle tail brother that wants to see you get into trouble. Seek him out and go into destroy mode, LOL.
no way in hell my bro is doing that cause he isn't smart enough

..........time to change emails

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You can use: http://s33.net/rec/home to create a link that steals the IP ADDRESS, BROWSER, and OS INFORMATION when clicked by someone.

How about going on a different computer, make a new email there and send a email from the new one to the original using a link generated above. If the mysterious person clicks it, you can get his/her information

You can compare the information to your families computers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts