Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was doing my case mod I had to gut my computer, but since it went to hell I had to put all my stuff back into old computer. This time I thought I would do some wire management to keep it looking clean and to maybe get better airflow. Well that isnt the case as my Board temp is now 10*C higher (29*C to 39*C) and now my GPU runs 5*C higher at idle (50*C). CPU is still the same and the OC is still the same, actually a little less.

I thought I had good airflow but I guess not. I have 2 78CFM fans as exhaust and 1 80MM fan right over my CPU for direct air, but why would my temps go that much higher when the cables arent in the way...I'll take a pic when I get home to show you what it looks like.

I'm almost considering pulling out the wires and having them all over the place.

The ambient temps isn't a factor since I left my door open when it was 40*F outside to see if that was the case that my room got hotter but that didnt help much

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Very weird. Have you tried using as5 on the videocard and chipset?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just purchased a NV silencer and will probably get it on Tuesday or Wednesday so we'll see, the CPU temps havent changed, they are still 34*C/41-43*C. So the system temp doesnt affect the CPU but it affects the GPU since that has risen.

The Chipset has the Asus CoolPipe, but before the wires would bunch up over the chipset, but could that have actually created some sort of pocket that kept it cooler?? I have no clue but I'm about to see if having the wires everywhere helps.

I used to have 1 of those 78CFM fans as intake right by my GPU but after I put it together my temps went up so i thought I was pumping too much are into the case so I turned it around and used it as an exhaust. Is it possible my Chipset temp is caused by my GPU temp or vise versa

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
how did u do your latest cable management? is it blocking the intake slits on the psu? are the cables bunched up in front of or around the cpu? are the cables bunched around the intake of the exhaust fan? last question, are the cables hanging right in the middle of the casing?

try to answer the question and i might be able to help you out. also u might want to check the following FAQ out but take not it doesnt specifically explain the cable management but will be able to give you a good idea about case air cooling management. another question, your mosfets are they the exposed coil type? and are the cables anywhere near them?

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/71307-...now-about.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts