Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, it could make this site more fun and attract more people. What my idea is, is if there was a feature that had a group clan type thing. Like a team of people that helped people. for example you could have a group called "AMDMasters" and they are team that can recruit people to there team.

Do use know what i'm saying. It's just like a Game Clan or something like that but instead of being in a clan to play games, your in a clan or goup to help people. You know. You could have a clan reping system.

Nothing on the site will change, people will still talk about overclocking and people will still ask questions, it's just an additive or support team.

It's just like little support teams and each support team can get rep for how will the tam nswers peoples questions. I think it will make people more focused on asnwers and it will be fun.

what do use think...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

Nothing on the site will change, people will still talk about overclocking and people will still ask questions, it's just an additive or support team.

I think that would be a awesome idea. Not that there is a problem on this site now but it would give people more of a "reason" to try and help (again not that no one helps around here)

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The thing is... that kinda already exists, just no in a "formal" sort of way. You'll notice that I, one of the main AMD persons, spend a majority of my time in the AMD section and rearely in the Intel section, and look at NoAffinity or Lando, they pretty much stick to the Intel section and not the AMD.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But thats individual, i'm talkign about groups that are like little support teams. I think it would be sweet. You could just have your clans name on the left with your clans rep aswell. I think it will be good as

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
I personally don't think the site has enough active members to justify this at present. Might be a good idea in the future tho...when there are lots of very knowledgable people.

We've got a good thing going here as it is anyway. Most questions are answered within minutes of being posted...sometimes seconds!!

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the future it will only be harder for admin becuase there's more people. 200 different members comone everyday on average. about 600 different people a week and 1000 different people a month.

You dont need alot of people to start this. All it consists of is, a place on the site where you can make your own clan, simply a fill-out. Then to recruit clan members you just have a a link on the left hand side where all the other info is. They can then add a request then you can decide whether they can joic or not. Kinda like a PMbut the confirmation is you accpeting them into your clan.

You can have clan avatrs or what not. I think it wouldn't be that hard for admin really. It would be as hard as making PM's, probably easier

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

The thing is... that kinda already exists, just no in a "formal" sort of way. You'll notice that I, one of the main AMD persons, spend a majority of my time in the AMD section and rearely in the Intel section, and look at NoAffinity or Lando, they pretty much stick to the Intel section and not the AMD.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

The thing is... that kinda already exists, just no in a "formal" sort of way. You'll notice that I, one of the main AMD persons, spend a majority of my time in the AMD section and rearely in the Intel section, and look at NoAffinity ,Lando, and Spookedjunglist. , they pretty much stick to the Intel section and not the AMD.

Exept i tend to swing both ways from time to time

·
Premium Member
6,357 Posts
I just joined like a week or two ago but that sounds liek a really good idea if the webmaster(lol i dunnno that prolly "admin") can code all that up and is willing to for the site lol

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I like the idea of a clan. i think besides the help/support group idea we could also have compititons between the groups like benchmark compitions or have a running tally of what groups has the most folding done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.