Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The link is here: http://www.directron.com/clp0024.html.
Its full copper made of heatsick and fins, using side fan(s) since it can mount 1 or 2 fans on one or both sides. Looks like it will be a great air cooling device. I am just curious if anybody know how much benefits by using side fan cooling instead of top fan? Do you guys think it will be better than his brother TT BT?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
I had the AlCu version of that heatsink. It worked very well (even though I wasnt using AS5) you do need to put 2 fans on however, that really helped with the temps, I used 2 92 mm fans. I recently upgraded to Big Typhoon, it does work much better, but you're looking at the all copper version, I haven't used that, but it is probably better than the one with aluminium fins.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you are saying the BT is much better than the AlCu version of this device? What the big difference do you see? and do you have the same ambient temp?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
My temps are 28C-45C right now, I'm running a P4 prescott 3.0GHz @ 3.77GHz Big Tyhpoon with AS5, ambient temp is around 65F. I had the silent tower before this with the thermal compound that came with it, had my cpu @ 3.25GHz, and the temps were 32C-50C. So I would say that was a big improvement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy1788

My temps are 28C-45C right now, I'm running a P4 prescott 3.0GHz @ 3.77GHz Big Tyhpoon with AS5, ambient temp is around 65F. I had the silent tower before this with the thermal compound that came with it, had my cpu @ 3.25GHz, and the temps were 32C-50C. So I would say that was a big improvement.

wow.. about 5c difference. That's huge improvement. Its hard to say how better the pure copper one does... But I just noticed the BT doesn't even use copper fins though. Its Al fins. Hard to decide...

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Considering I upped the clock a ton after using the BT and got lower temps than with a lower clock says a lot. That copper heatsink does look pertty nice though, I think that if you stick to heatpipe coolers you really cant go wrong. BTW Imagine how heavy the BT would be if it did have copper fins, the atomic weight for copper is more than twice that of aluminum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, really. Ok, thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts