Premium Member
2,871 Posts
What is the BIOS reading ?

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |talian $tallion
I have my san diego overclocked to 2.9ghz with 1.5 vcore with a ThermalTake Silent Tower cooling it.
SmartGuardian says its running @ 30c right now, to me that seems a lot lower than reality.

Does anyone use this and what else could I use besides MB5 and SpeedFan?
If your house is average temperature, 30 C is pretty standard. While I don't trust software readings too much, you really have no reason to be skeptical with 30 C. That sounds pretty accurate because your cooler is on par with the Big Typhoon for idle. Load temps will vary depending on whether you're running 1 fan or 2, but should be Big Typhoon performance within 1 or 2C. The review I read placed the Silent Tower ahead of the BT by 1C if using 2 fans in a push-pull.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

I have my san diego overclocked to 2.9ghz with 1.5 vcore with a ThermalTake Silent Tower cooling it.
SmartGuardian says its running @ 30c right now, to me that seems a lot lower than reality.

If you want a 3rd opinion, get PCWizard2006. I like it the most anyways because when you minimize it, it places your cpu utilization, cpu temp,cpu speed in little green numbers in the upper right of your desktop

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I used to get great temps with my silent tower. If your room is cool then those sound about right. Is the 30c at idle?

• Rep+
Reactions: |talian $tallion

·
Registered
699 Posts
Quote:

I like Eversest to check my temps.

IMHO the bios will give you the best temp readings.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

ya thats what it says when idle, i havent tested load temps yet
Sounds about right...it should load at about 40-42. The bios always runs the cpu at 50-75% so temps in bios will always be a little warmer than idle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts