Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No I like it keep going this is nothing

Votes: 14 63.6%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my own personal computer Ive done water cooling before but not with this many connections involved in a loop. I need to figure how and what fittings I need. I dont want it to look like a pile of **** some hard fittings probably be needed. Just need some ideas suggestions or how to do this in a clean way.

photo 1-78.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
You better have some serious pumps to back that up. Post the rest of the machine and where radiators/res/pumps are and how many GPU blocks, etc. Its hard to route tubing if we don't know the complete story.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
CPU > VRMs (left) > VRMs (TOP) > Memory > PCH is what I would do. Then from there, go to the GPUs and so forth.

Though I am not sure if that is the best.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I say go right RAM > CPU > VRM > left RAM > chipset >graphics

that would look the cleanest. Component order does not matter, in terms of temperature, in this situation.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
If the hose coming in is indeed from the right then I would do it like this maybe?

db5c7d2f_1-78.jpeg

·
2 Easy
3,493 Posts
With out those ram water blocks it would look so much cleaner IMO and take away some restriction but GL with the loop regardless.

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
you better have some cooling on the VRMs on the back of the board.

I'd personally ditch the RAM blocks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys I appriciate it. Here is what I have now the case is a xigmatek elysium so there is plenty of room there. I have to radiators both alpahacool 3 120 at 60mm and 80mm also have a a alpha cool pump this one http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=30626 . And a older swift tech pump rather not use on this project. I like this pump idea the best.http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_439_773&products_id=28420 want to keep the mobo cooling separate from the gpu set up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I know the ram water blocks probably not going to be the best but I just had to have them. This is sorta my dream computer so its okay

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
As they say... swag is for boys, class is for men

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

Not another forum full ego and degrading ones personal options. I get so sick of this crap its why I changed forums I belonged to....and yet again what is it with you people.

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM1 View Post

Not another forum full ego and degrading ones personal options. I get so sick of this crap its why I changed forums I belonged to....and yet again what is it with you people.
What?

I gave my opinion, someone responded, and I responded back with my opinion.

You asked for suggestion, I gave my feedback. That's all.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

If the hose coming in is indeed from the right then I would do it like this maybe?

db5c7d2f_1-78.jpeg
Do this! and just make sure pump is strong enough to push, or

A) put 2 pumps in serial
B) Make 2 different loops. Maybe B since you already have 2pumps.

Just my opinion even though i know nothing of how strong pumps are or how they push through all that restrictions. And lastly Congrats on the setup. You've got everythang under water! My dream too!

aah and lastly Welcome to OCN

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
dat restriction! are you using 2 pumps in this loop? if it were me, id probably start from the cpu block > vrm block > left ram block > south bridge block > right ram block. what kind of reservoir are you using?

also, i think we have to respect the op wishes. true, ram water blocks aren't necessary, but its his build and he already has it. idk how people can tell him to dismiss something when he already stated it that he wanted and most importantly paid for it.

·
2 Easy
3,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

But then you lose so much swag.
No swag to be obtained lol cooling the ram does virtually nothing and just adds so much bulk visually.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

Who says that? Can you post a link to the poll that was taken that shows the majority believe this
tongue.gif

I like the ram blocks, what you might try is using SLI links between the blocks. There will be height difference but you can find 1/4 male to 1/4 female extenders to get everything the same height.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts