Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ran OCCT close to 2 hours, I assume no errors and it ran flawless. Max temp was 49c I think, this was after over clocking a 2.8 ghz to 3.4 ghz.

Vcore had me a lil worried as its still at 1.32 and dipping to 1.28 at times.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vrillon
View Post

*pics*

Ran OCCT close to 2 hours, I assume no errors and it ran flawless. Max temp was 49c I think, this was after over clocking a 2.8 ghz to 3.4 ghz.

Vcore had me a lil worried as its still at 1.32 and dipping to 1.28 at times.

There is something wrong with those results, IMO. See the usage (green) jump up and down. It souldn't do like that, I think

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was doing other things at the time, I dont know if that caused the jumps or not. I had Mozilla opened doing things as well.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran
View Post

Looks like you've got some great load temperatures there. I believe the change in voltage is known as vdroop. Vdroop is a built in safety feature designed to prevent voltage spikes from damaging the cores when going off or into a load state.

Dropping from 1.34 to 1.30 is vDroop, but variations between 1.28 and 1.32 are just fluctuations, due to the mobo being Asus with LLC.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALUCARDVPR
View Post

What program did you configure OCCT to use for temps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrillon
View Post

I guessing its using core temp.

not certain on what its using, I also had CPUZ running to

OCCT has its own mechanism for monitoring temps

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnin426850
View Post

OCCT has its own mechanism for monitoring temps

Built-in is simply an option, but even that has various values it can read. You can also configure it to use an entirely different programs - many do. It looks like the default is "Core Temp" value, so that is what you want it to read under load, as to apose to "CPU Temp" from the motherboard or other software that reads "CPU Temp" as this will be inaccurate at load.

See my screenshots below:

(Keep in mind that idle temps are inaccurate)

Also see my guide for more information:

AMD Temp Information and Guide

1 - 9 of 9 Posts