Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on my new build around the XCLIO Windtunnel Advanced when I saw that the XCLIO Blackhawk just showed up on newegg. Its only got one review so far but its a sexy case looks wise, a lot more attractive than the Windtunnel. My concerns are how good the blackhawk is at airflow and room--with only one review its hard to tell.

How is the Blackhawk compared to the Windtunnel?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've a friend who has the wind tunnel and he is more than satisfied with it. From what I've seen, they're very well built, and have exceptional airflow.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ah buyer's remorse. The Windtunnel looks like it can cool more considering those 2 Oversized fans on the side. Even if the Blackhawk had better airflow it wouldn't lower your temps by that much compared to the Windtunnel

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I didn't buy it yet, I caught the Blackhawk on the last minute.
I've heard that the Windtunnel is an exceptional case but I just saw that the Blackhawk is their official follow-up case to it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I like the look of the Windtunnel over the Blackhawk, just personal preference though. I can't vouch for XCLIO cases though as I've only ever built in Coolermaster's. My main concern would be cable management with either of those cases you're considering. Have you looked around the For Sale section here? I've seen some decent cases for the money.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I had an X-Cruiser and it was awful..

·
Registered
664 Posts
XClio constructs their cases out of pretty thick steel, so the build quality isn't terrible, but don't expect anything from the dazzle element of them. I had a Windtunnel and within the first week all the LEDs failed, and the 250mm fans put out almost no air. My thoughts are that the fan controllers on the black hawk will be of similar quality, and you'll be left knobs on your computer that are just as useless as they are obnoxious.

Plastic is bleh to me anyway.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. I'm reading a lot of horror stories about those 250mm fans now actually, and then I see your post. As for the Black Hawk I was looking at--it was the red LED/Black finish version of the old $70 dollar blackhawk, and for some reason was inflated to $180 because of it. If I'm putting out that much money I won't get a reskinned low tier case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts