Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...I've been complaining about temps....well finally installed my volcano 9+..and new power supply and my temps at idle are 30 c. Is that good? It is overclocked to a xp 2800+.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiztidPOPS

Wow...I've been complaining about temps....well finally installed my volcano 9+..and new power supply and my temps at idle are 30 c. Is that good? It is overclocked to a xp 2800+.

What are your load temps?? Idle Temps can be very deceptive, but those look on target. What is your ambient temp?

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix
What are your load temps?? Idle Temps can be very deceptive, but those look on target. What is your ambient temp?
Man....Now temps are up to 40 - 42 c.......Ambient temp is 42 - 44 c.....Could my house temp cause this? And what program do I use to check load temp?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiztidPOPS

Man....Now temps are up to 40 - 42 c.......Ambient temp is 42 - 44 c.....Could my house temp cause this? And what program do I use to check load temp?

I doubt your ambient temps are 40-42c, unless you live in hell.
Ambient is the room temperature. What is your room temperature and what are your case temps??

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix
I doubt your ambient temps are 40-42c, unless you live in hell.
Ambient is the room temperature. What is your room temperature and what are your case temps??
Would BIOS temps be right?
What other programs can i use to check temps?
What next?
Says case temp is 45 c. and cpu temp is 42 c. (mbm5).

·
Registered
930 Posts
bios temps are very weird, they measure your ambient temperature only if you bios dosetn read the temperature wrong. and also, the cpu reading is from the socket, which is the under side of the cpu and makes your cpu seem hotter.

you need update yoru bios if u want a correct reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts