Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? My monitors each have dual HDMI ports, DP in, DP out, and mDP in. I'm using onboard video (HD4600) with onboard HDMI out.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot View Post

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121825532246&alt=web
Both will output the same video though correct?

I'm looking to extend my desktop to two monitors. My motherboard also has a DVI port onboard so I guess I could just buy a DVI-to-HDMI cable and hook that one up as well?
I would go with the second option. Splitters will lead to quality loss (most likely) unless powered by some kind of box and electronics. It will work however and maybe the quality will not be noticable.

If you go the DVI-HDMI cord route, just mirror the display.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post

I don't think you can do extended desktop with a HDMI slitter. HDMI only outputs a single video channel AFAIK.
He wouldn't need to do extended desktop it would just mirror which was what I thought he wanted by using a splitter.....I assumed it was implied. He would need the DVI to HDMI for the extended.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

I don't think you can do extended desktop with a HDMI slitter. HDMI only outputs a single video channel AFAIK.
Quote:

He wouldn't need to do extended desktop it would just mirror which was what I thought he wanted by using a splitter.....I assumed it was implied. He would need the DVI to HDMI for the extended.
Yes I definitely want extended so I picked up a DVI-HDMI cable and will use that along with the HDMI output to use both monitors. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
Quote:

I just assumed he would extended, i don't see the point of mirror

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

I just assumed he would extended, i don't see the point of mirror
I assumed he wanted to mirror to a TV like a lot of people do. With the implied two displays to one port, I assumed he wanted that lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts