Banned
1,822 Posts
Available in 7 days.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HTC+-+EV...=1218200308688

2-3 weeks
http://radioshackwireless.com/eComme...5fa9c62c99a6f8

backordered
http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/...htm?prId=37087

See, there's an issue at the moment with many smartphones running shortages. With all of these great touch screen displays on these new devices such as iPhone, EVO, HD2, myTouch Slide, Incredible, ect........ there is huge demand for certain parts/technologies that are in short supply. This is causing a lag in production.

It's the screens dawg.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
lol I got mind by just getting on a wait list at my sprint store the day it launched. The next day, I got a call saying they just got a new shipment in and they have my Evo waiting for me.

Goto Radio Shack... they have them too. If anything, goto the sprint store and ask to be put on a waiting list. the wait is shorter than they tell you.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Ive been looking around, no luck. Waiting for the Epic 4G.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
(I am an EVO owner) I would also wait for the epic 4g.

Honestly this phone just has too many issues at this point in time to be worth it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall View Post
(I am an EVO owner) I would also wait for the epic 4g.

Honestly this phone just has too many issues at this point in time to be worth it.
I thought the Evo was the iPhone killer...

People didn't believe me when I said it wasn't as great as everyone is making it out to be. But, I guess it doesn't mean anything coming from a happy iPhone user.

The Evo was the only phone that made me think twice about the 4, I made the right choice.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cretz View Post
Pretty sure the Evo is superior to the iphone 4 even with its few issues.
Not really...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Quote:

Pretty sure the Evo is superior to the iphone 4 even with its few issues.
Garbage battery, garbage camera, garbage app marketplace, garbage game selection.

Yeah, "few" issues.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

YouTube- iPhone4 vs HTC Evo
I take it you graduated from Internet Cartoon University.

The EVO is hardly superior to the iPhone. They're pretty close to each other, iPhone having the obvious benefit of a huge software library.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
I take it you graduated from Internet Cartoon University.

The EVO is hardly superior to the iPhone. They're pretty close to each other, iPhone having the obvious benefit of a huge software library.
So because the video is a cartoon you dismiss all of the valid points it brings up? Thats just blind fanboyism. Of course the iPhones market is larger than the android market when a bunch of drones will buy anything with a lower case i in front of it.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

So because the video is a cartoon you dismiss all of the valid points it brings up? Thats just blind fanboyism. Of course the iPhones market is larger than the android market when a bunch of drones will buy anything with a lower case i in front of it.
You're just blindly raging because it has an i in front of it. What makes you any better?

You wanna do a spec rundown?

Let's list the winner in each category:

Battery Life: iPhone 4
Removable Battery: EVO
Screen Resolution:iPhone 4
Screen Size: EVO
Internet Connection: EVO
Apps: iPhone 4
Camera Quality: iPhone 4
Video Quality: iPhone 4
Form Factor: iPhone 4
Customization out of the box: EVO
Customization once rooted: Tie
GPU: iPhone 4
CPU: iPhone 4 (Don't even start comparing Mhz...)

In each case they're fairly close however with the obvious exception of gaming apps and battery life.

One has Android, the other has iOS. Pick your poison.

I was about to get an EVO, looked at about 15 stores only to find it sold out everywhere. I'm waiting for the Epic 4G, should be better than the iPhone hardware wise.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Uh, the Evo has a better screen, 8 megapixel camera compared to the iPhones 5, and they both record 720p video. Form factor is subjective as a lot of people prefer something thicker and more sturdy to something super thin. Considering the Android is open source compared to the iOS how can you even say that once iOS is rooted it would be a tie?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
btw, 8mp camera means absolutely nothing if you actualy new about cameras.. and its been proven the 5mp camera on the iphone is better than the 8mp on th evo.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Uh, the Evo has a better screen, 8 megapixel camera compared to the iPhones 5, and they both record 720p video. Form factor is subjective as a lot of people prefer something thicker and more sturdy to something super thin. Considering the Android is open source compared to the iOS how can you even say that once iOS is rooted it would be a tie?
How is the screen better? It's lower resolution and has worse color quality. The device is also locked at 30fps. It's larger, I'll give it that much. Don't get me wrong, the screen is nice, but the iPhone's is better.

Have you seen comparisons? The EVO takes horrible pictures for an 8MP camera.

Have you seen what you can do to a rooted iPhone? It's pretty extensive.

Don't be a tool, use your brain. The iPhone 4 is an awesome phone despite the FUD surrounding it. So is the EVO for that matter. Like I said,

Quote:
One has Android, the other has iOS. Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
GPU: iPhone 4
CPU: iPhone 4 (Don't even start comparing Mhz...)
Wait.... how are you giving the CPU win to the iPhone 4?

They both use a Cortex-A8 (or similar) CPU in which case you CAN compare clockspeed. ~800Mhz vs 1GHz.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts