Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATM I am transferring at 1.0MB/s over my network. I am going from my wired PC to the wireless laptop via the router. Is there any way to increase these speeds?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man
View Post

Wire the laptop as well.

Wired is only 10MB/s

·
Premium Member
29,532 Posts
1 mB/s is a bit slow for WPA+AES wireless, but not uncommon on longer distances. I think I do something like 1.8 mB/s on my 54g WPA+AES wireless - wired I do 11 mB/s
You should wire it up.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Wire it up... on wireless G those speed rates are common at long distances, if it was closer though, maybe you could get faster speeds... And the max speed you can get with a wired router is: 100mbit/s or 1gbit/s (last one is not really common, and those routers are kinda expensive, but they'll do the job pretty well).

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The laptop transfers at 1.0MB/s whet it is right beside to the router

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wouldn't it depend on the specs of the wireless device in the laptop? Could be some settings that need to be addressed on the laptop wireless config itself.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Plug your router, desktop (sig rig I'm assuming?), and laptop into something like this 10/100/1000Mbps switch.

What laptop do you have? It may or may not have 1000Mbps ethernet, in which case an adapter would be needed. Which adapter to get will depend on the laptop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts