Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to show a few people some things and I was wondering how can I either mess with other PCs on my network or take it down temporarily so you can't access the internet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
depends if its a wired or wireless network really

for wireless you can setup MAC filtering, and create a list of allowed computers that can connect, and just remove them from the list if you don't want them connected any more and add them back when you do

not sure on what to do for wired, other then disconnecting it from the router
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
Log into the router, set a manual static IP of something random. It'll kill the whole internet since your router won't get the right IP from your ISP.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Log into the router, set a manual static IP of something random. It'll kill the whole internet since your router won't get the right IP from your ISP.
You have 4 sticks of 512Gb ram? Where may I acquire this astonishing amount? and since when is ram measured in bits?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,922 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead! View Post
You have 4 sticks of 512Gb ram? Where may I acquire this astonishing amount?

Walmart of course.

OT; Changing the DHCP IP broadcast will kick everyone off, but if they are on "retrieve IP from DHCP" their PC will reconnect to the new IP right after.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,087 Posts
Depends on what router you have. Custom Firmware allows you to do quite a few things

Enable QoS and regulate other PCs traffic so it goes snails pace
Completely block certain protocols like FTP or HTTP
You could also enable printer sharing and print a bunch of blank pages in Excel (used to do this in high school, cant believe they never found out which computer it was coming from)
I think windows has a network messaging thing. You could send random messages to other PCs.
Theres always Remote Access
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem being I don't have the password for the router right now so everyone uses a cat5 or cat6 cable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
There may even be just a simple option to halt internet traffic. Just look around on your router settings.

Take mine, for example;



Hard to find, much?

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead! View Post
the problem being I don't have the password for the router right now so everyone uses a cat5 or cat6 cable
Have you not just tried username and password as admin?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:


Originally Posted by Revenance
View Post

There may even be just a simple option to halt internet traffic. Just look around on your router settings.

Take mine, for example;



Hard to find, much?

Edit:

Have you not just tried username and password as admin?

yes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,917 Posts
unhook the ethernet cables?
Hammer the router?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willage View Post
depends if its a wired or wireless network really

for wireless you can setup MAC filtering, and create a list of allowed computers that can connect, and just remove them from the list if you don't want them connected any more and add them back when you do

not sure on what to do for wired, other then disconnecting it from the router
mac filtering works on wired as well
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,052 Posts
Lets not talk about Denial of Service attacks in a malicious way, we can't be rationalizing or making it acceptable to boast about doing these to prior websites.

On topic, you could always reboot the router using a telnet or ssh command, or just from the GUI. You could log into your modem by using 192.168.100.100 or googling the manufacturer and model number for information and reboot (NOT RESET) for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Check out an application called NetCut. You can cause absolute misery for your fellow networked users. But I guess you don't really want to do that. Eh!

You can use it to prevent people cutting you off, also.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top