Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my rig sitting 1.8Ghz stock and i overclocked her to just under 2.1Ghz using the following:
Mulitplier= x5
FSB= 232
Vcore=1.65
With memory settings on auto with aggresive timings enabled. How can i get her faster?

Cheers

·
15 Year Club
2,322 Posts
That multiplier is not the CPU multi, that's the HTT multi. Ask somone else what the acronyms stand for, but drop that HTT to 3x if you plan to do some high overclocks.

You shouldn't have your vcore any higher than that, that's about the limit for newcastles. Try to lower it, IF your oc allows you to.

might want to put some ram options in manually, ask someone else about that. If you have value ram, run a divider.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
technically with those, you should have an unstable computer. i've had my HT stable at 1080, but not at 1160 (where yours is at). especially on a socket 754, should be below 800. turn aggressive timings off. they are bad. you need to manually set your memory. also, if you have mixmatched sticks, (like pc2100 and pc 2700), you need to take your slowest out, that'll hurt your overclock.

you have a lot more to do and really you need to read some overviews here. read away and get back later

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. Cat my multiplier only goes down to 4x, is that a bad thing?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
You'll have the HTT Multi and the CPU Multi, the HTT Multi should never go above 1000 for 939 and 800 for 754, the HTT is determined by the HTT Bus speed (was called the FSB) x the HTT Multi (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x (& 5x) the 5x option is only avalible on socket 939 CPU's)

The CPU's Multi and the HTT Bus speed are the two important one's here but ther's also your Voltages and then your RAM's frequency.

The CPU's clock speed depend's o the HTT Bus speed x CPU Multi for example 232 x 8 = 1856Mhz, that's your clock speed.

Your Multi is Locked to a maximum of 9x i believe so you can bump it back up to that which will gie you a clock speed of 2088Mhz, which instead of just having a 56Mhz Overclock you will have a 288Mhz overclock.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. So with the HTT on 4x unning FSB 232 gives 928 which i presume is why my system kept rebooting once i got my FSB that high. So in conclusion if i put my HTT down to 3x (giving 696) i should be able to run CPU at 9x stable?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts