Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i've been busy stabilizing my OC and so far it's going perfect...
but all i want to try now, is tweak my ram settings...
they are still at stock, but i want to maximize that as well

so...how can i do that?
are there any guides or something? what do all the settings mean and what do they do

i mean, i'm a complete noob when it comes to ram...never oc'ed it at all

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ok. First make sure that your ram is running on full 1600mhz by selecting that in the bios. I believe that ASUS lets us select the value directly from within the OC page in bios (you probably wont have to play with fsb:dram ratio).
Then try using the following timing 7-7-7-24-1T..... if it works, gr8, if it doesnt try the following 7-8-7-24-1T. If this doesnt work then keep on trying the following in the order they are mentioned..........
7-8-7-28-1T
7-8-7-28-2T
If any of these give you a stable result, stick with that. If not, then only change the ram speed to 1600MHz and stop there. If the RAM settings work, there will be a significant latency and bandwidth change in benchmarks, of course you wont "FEEL" the difference.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried a few things last night, and so far it's stable...
at the moment it's running at 7-8-8-20-2T
i've also got 7-8-7-20-2T stable, but 7-8-8 has higher benchies

when i try iy at 1T it won't boot...not even with 1.75v and stock timings

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Don't jump to 7-7-7 right away, many kits of RAM cannot run with a tRCD (middle value) of below 8 due to the ICs in them (i.e. PSC) and you'll be launching straight into instability. I recommend lowering to 7-8-7 first, before you attempt 7-7-7. Try not to exceed 1.75V. Once you've got that done, see if you can make it to 6-8-6 or so

1 - 6 of 6 Posts