Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i5's are the way to go and most likely I will upgrade to one in a few months. But for the immediate future I'll be using an i3 4330. Can this processor handle low to moderate gaming? It's being paired with an MSI Gaming N750ti. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
The 4330 is a very capable gaming processor, it's actually a perfect pairing with the 750 Ti.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerk View Post

The 4330 is a very capable gaming processor, it's actually a perfect pairing with the 750 Ti.
I agree!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49 View Post

I know i5's are the way to go and most likely I will upgrade to one in a few months. But for the immediate future I'll be using an i3 4330. Can this processor handle low to moderate gaming? It's being paired with an MSI Gaming N750ti. Thanks.

This, by and large, depends on who you are and what your definition of "light to moderate gaming" is:

1. If you are one of those "OMG 120 FPS ONLY HELP I AM LAGGING" people, then the i3 is not for you nor the 750ti is for you, sorry.

2. If you are one of the "OMG 144 HZ MONITOR I NEED 144 FPS" people, then the i3 is not for you nor the 750ti is for you, sorry.

3. If you are a normal person who's just interested is smooth gameplay regardless of FPS and doesn't want to break the bank, follow the above posters' advice.

I remember this guy at MMO Champ forums. He had spent $4000+ just to run WoW at over 120 FPS and still he couldn't make it. He was very unhappy last time I saw him. Don't be this guy. It sucks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely more in line with #3. Not really into FPS and the occasional one I do play don't look to max out. As far as playing at 1440p I must admit would be nice. But at the same time, I have a beautiful Sony Bravia Full 1080p hdtv that is very satisfying.

·
Eastern Bloc Electronics
1,716 Posts
Haswell I3 can match or sometimes beat (by 1-3fps) PII x4 965 @4ghz in gaming so it is capable of even high end gaming when paired with strong gpu.

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
A i3 will do fine.

Though unless you wanted the gtx750ti for the lower power usage I would try and get a r7 265. For about the same cost the 265 is noticeably faster. The GTX750ti can somewhat lower the performance gap between the two with overclocking but the 265 also overclocks pretty solidly and will always remain on top by a decent amount. Also has 2gb of ram, which is a lot better then having 1gb these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.