Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just assembled my PC again with my new case Antec P180 My Cpu is idleling at 28C with the fans on low and 38 running at full load. Should I turn the fans up to get it cooler?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Welcome to OC.net.
Those temps sound fine to me. Is that stock speed/vcore and such? Also, what are the room temps?

·
Banned
230 Posts
those are really low temps, especially with low fan speed and Overclocking involved, well unless you plan to overclock any further i would keep it there, to keep noise to a minimum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock v core is 1.500 V and Cpu freq is 2244 is running @1.700 & 2376 room temp is about 72 F

·
Banned
230 Posts
omg a big typhoon does all that? good thing i RMA'ed my xp-90 for one, someone told me i wouldnt be sorry, and i guess they were right, ive heard stories of the athlon 64s getting Verry hot, even at stock speeds. i didnt know a big typhoon could be that effective and be one of the most silent fan cooled cpu coolers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it also helped when i went from a cheep case with 8 fans to the Antec P180 it dropped my case temps about 20C It seperated the 3 HD's and the PS into a different chamber

·
Registered
451 Posts
^ eh, you too? Gawd, high temps for such little chips...

As long as the Zalman keeps the chip alive, I guess it's good enough...silence is golden on this heatsink.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

omg a big typhoon does all that? good thing i RMA'ed my xp-90 for one, someone told me i wouldnt be sorry, and i guess they were right, ive heard stories of the athlon 64s getting Verry hot, even at stock speeds. i didnt know a big typhoon could be that effective and be one of the most silent fan cooled cpu coolers.

who told you A64s are hot? bet it was an intel fanboy...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts