Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When I rebuild my comp in Jan this is what I'm thinking of doing. Water cooling with either a trip rad or double, but the real cool thing about it would be the custom top piece which would house the rad and a water fall. The water fall would be fed by the gpu and would make a spout at the top and trickle down a stairway type water fall. Maybe blood red or uv red. Worth doing?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh if your wondering what that blue squiggle is on the bottom, its a secondary water fountain thing. I'm pretty sure some company makes on like that for an 80mm hole.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
I like it. I was planning on doing a double wall face panel taht hadthe loop circulate through it...I like the waterfall in a LC rig...gonna do it sooner or later..that res would be a piece of work for sure...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At work we have tons of crap pieces of plexi, so I think I might go snatch some. Just some epoxy glue and some copper barbs should do the trick. Hell, I might even make it even though I don't have any water cooling. No stealin my designs now Cyber

·
Registered
748 Posts
You should make the waterfall steps out of the plexi, too, and put LEDs or CCs underneath them.

·
Linux Evangelist
2,610 Posts
I have never seen anyone do something like that as a computer mod before. That in and of itself is reason enough to attempt it

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah well it would be sealed because the smell of wet cheetos makes me gag. As for the steps maybe I would use uv acrylic so only the bottoms would glow with some sick green water.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, I'm going to build this. Its going to me a modular unit that can be placed on the top of a case.

Here's what I need from you guys on the forum

1. Size of the top section of your case.

2. What kind of radiator should be placed in it? Triple or double?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would imagine the most common rad solution used is the dual 120mm setup. So if you find the thickest rad out there, add on the thickness of a 120mm fan, and add on a little wiggling space, you're golden. You'll probably also need some L-bends to attach to the radiator, since most of them seem to have the intake and exit on the "flat" side.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
It would have to be sized to a particular case as they all vary. Most cases would only be long enough to fit a 240 and leave any room up front. Using uv for the steps is a grat thought--a single 4" ccl under there would light everything diffusely...My idea is much different...my original waterfall notion was the entire side panel--with the fluid flowing down a sandblasted etching of a waterfall lol...but then after doing the acrylic front for the 900 I figured how to make a double wall front piece and have the fluid going down one side and up the other lol...

I like yours...less engineering involved--and no tedious routing and sandblasting.. If it get's too complex it never happens..

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
never seen or heard of it but that would be frikin awsome

1 - 20 of 43 Posts