Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my pursuit of perfect cable management I've decided I wanted to try this mod, but I'm not sure how it was done. I don't have any metal bending tools and can't really get to any, so if someone could tell me some way to get a plastic/already-made solution that would really help. Here's the pic, which appeared in CPU magazine:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
got 2 decent sizes of wooden blocks its the metal bending tool for cheap people like me

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
You're probably looking for some sore of cable raceway (surface mount conduit). A lot of building supply stores (i.e. Lowe's, Home Depot, etc) stock them; and there are numerous online suppliers as well. Here's one site
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-raceway/

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmitty
View Post

Also looks like the width of a 2x4 for the channel?

id say 1x4... not 2

and it looks like an "2" not a full "U"

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Get yourself a 4 x 15cm peice of aluminium , bend it , and nail it to your case.
Then push the cables though.

Or if you want a better result , get one of those plastic cable raceways , and some double-sided tape , and tape it to the inside wall. This way , you won't have to drill in your case.

Easy right ?

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey92 View Post
That looks like what I want radodrill thanks

Heh, can't give you a rep

Just glad I could help

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Best way is to get a relatively thin sheet of aluminum and bend it around a plank of wood. I would advise if you go that route, use a clamp.

If not, I know there are mouldings (window channels?) that are similar at hardware stores (home depot, lowes), though IIRC they don't have the 'flaps'

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I'd say the easyest way is to get a openable cable raceway. Clickable. And stick it to the ' wall '. So you can always remove the raceway , and mod cable ( openable ).

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Here is what I use to hide cables at my desk. Currently it has about 100" of surround sound cable jammed in there. Works wonders! I'm sure it would be a viable alternative to screwing with making one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts