Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before everyone says read the tutorials, i have.

I've gone to the bios screen but cannot see where changing the FSB is.

It is Phoenix Bios screen and on a e-machine PC is it possible it's unchange-able like HP, Dells, etc? How can i check?

Also i'm using a lcd display which for some reason when i'm in the bios screen and when i first turn pc on is off centre (so about a 1/4 of the screen is not veiwable) but when windows comes on is fine. I notice i can change the vga (auto at moment) will this help if i change these settings?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, unless its a known motherboard, chances are its crap and wont work...sorry

·
Banned
108 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judgie
Ok before everyone says read the tutorials, i have.

I've gone to the bios screen but cannot see where changing the FSB is.

It is Phoenix Bios screen and on a e-machine PC is it possible it's unchange-able like HP, Dells, etc? How can i check?

Also i'm using a lcd display which for some reason when i'm in the bios screen and when i first turn pc on is off centre (so about a 1/4 of the screen is not veiwable) but when windows comes on is fine. I notice i can change the vga (auto at moment) will this help if i change these settings?
Scrap the thing and buld your own. Sounds like an OC's nightmare!

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Yup if you buy a puter from the big companies they lock everything so it looks like you have a boat anchor on your hands

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
yeah, unless its a known motherboard, chances are its crap and wont work...sorry
Ok guys thanks for the input. I've double checked and the motherboard is a microstar int, model MS-7614 and Bios is Pheonix Technoligies, version 6.00PG

Anyone know what i can do with this if anything?

I've attached the CPUZ txt listing of my machine incase you need to know more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts