Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was OCing my comp a bit, and i exidently went over the limit, now my pc wont boot um, when i press the power button it starts all working but nothing shows on the screen, this has happened to me before, but i didnt fix it, a freind did, its his job. but i cant wait that much now, and i dont think he is even in the country at momment.

so what i need to do is reset my BIOS or CMOS so the changes will clear and it will go to its diffult. what i need to know is how. or if there is another way to do it.....

my specs are p4 1.8ghz cpu
FIC vc11 mobo
7300gt agp
768 pc133 ram
audigy 2

i got it stable and runing fine at 1.9, but i went and put like, ram architecture or sumthing to 128 instead of 64 mb, and increased the CPU to 135/33 mhz. thats what it said, please i need help. i want to get back to my games and my comp. im typing this on my laptop.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Take out the little Circle shiny watch type battery in your mobo for a bit then put it back in and reboot, it should reset CMOS and you will be back to stock clocks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i knew it, i tryed, but how long. i think i kept it out max maybe 1 min... keep it out for like 30 min? also if i get this working i will post a thread in intel OC on how i can get maximum out of this thing.... lets get it to working at the momment. ty. ill try forlike 30 min and see what happense...

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
It shouldn't take near that long. Just try and move the CMOS jumper.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Something else to do is turn on and off the comp 3 times...just turn it on then hold in the power button until it turns off. Do that 3 times and it resets it to defaults. It will also be asking you to go into the bios...just go into it and press F10 to save it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My msi mb has a jumper by the cmos battery that I have to switch.

Most mb manufacture have pdf of their manuals on their websites. I suggest going to that website, then looking for your mb. (if you use google, you'll probably just end up with page after page of sites selling the mb).
the manual should have all the info you need.

but when I take batteries out, i usually do it for like 1 minute, just to be sure. 30 seconds is probably enough though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, jumper? well i have like 2 blue boxes by the bettery with each having 2 little switches, is that the jumper? i tryed all combo switches and nothing worked, also when i start the system up it makes a loud beeeeeeepp. and nothing happense...

·
Banned
748 Posts
Its going to be a 3 pin connector with two of the pins having a little cover over them simply take it off and move it to the other side the middle pin will always be covered...............best way i can explain it!

If its beeping that memory.......or its a bomb one of the two usually its not a bomb though

BTW once you move it from its original position you have to put it back the way it was!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES!! VICTORY, the remove power suply lug and bettery worked, kept ot out for bout a min, then reset my bios to optimal defaul, wich set my vcore clock aback to 1.5 instead of 1.85. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT GO TO THAT.... i will request some OC guides or somthing in a min... thank you alot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehe yah. I LOVE THIS FORUM. i cant believe i have never been here before. so many people at all topics and i got SO FAST replies. thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have vc11 motherboard. i had the same problem of it rebooting. while trying to diagnose the problem i realized it only reboots after i install the os in this case xp. while i was installing xp it had no problems. after the installation the problem of rebooting started. so i looked thru the bios disable all hardware took out all pci cards to see if it was a hardware issue. no luck. finally i thought i'd clear the cmos so i took out the battery and put it back. now it won't even restart and go to the bios screen. what am i doing worng. please help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts