Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get stressed and i get this really stubborn acne that just won't go away. i've been applying acne cream and those clearasil pads but they don't seem to be working. any better alternative? i've heard of the oil cleansing method, but i'm a bit skeptical, and i don't know where to buy those special types of oils.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
more sex or growing up

List of things: Wash your face daily, change pillow sheets. Get a face lotion that is oil free, use a toner as well. Get anything that promotes oxygen to your pores. Usually wash with warm water, rinse with cold. Don't touch your face, change your diet. Take some bee pollen supplements.

EDIT: If you can afford it too, get a facial done once a month until it goes away.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloke226 View Post
more sex or growing up

List of things: Wash your face daily, change pillow sheets. Get a face lotion that is oil free, use a toner as well. Get anything that promotes oxygen to your pores. Usually wash with warm water, rinse with cold. Don't touch your face, change your diet. Take some bee pollen supplements.

EDIT: If you can afford it too, get a facial done once a month until it goes away.
This basically.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

more sex or growing up

i thought the whole "oil free" lotions were just a myth and that your skin produces more oil due to being dry for the oil free treatment?

·
Registered
333 Posts
theres only so much you can do, in the end acne is part of puberty and some get it more than others, like i always had a clear face, yeah i had a small pimple here and there but not really often and i only change my pillow case every two weeks (when i do laundry), i touch my face a lot, i dont use any kind of lotion or cream or skin products in general on my face, and i dont really wash my face, i just let the shampoo from m y hair pour down my face and i just rinse and rub it off but thats it

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by folk-it-up View Post
theres only so much you can do, in the end acne is part of puberty and some get it more than others, like i always had a clear face, yeah i had a small pimple here and there but not really often and i only change my pillow case every two weeks (when i do laundry), i touch my face a lot, i dont use any kind of lotion or cream or skin products in general on my face, and i dont really wash my face, i just let the shampoo from m y hair pour down my face and i just rinse and rub it off but thats it
but i'm 18, no one my age that i know has acne.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post
i thought the whole "oil free" lotions were just a myth and that your skin produces more oil due to being dry for the oil free treatment?
Guess you should work for Sephora then. Part is genetics and your hormones bud...don't know what to tell you from what I told you. Oil from lotion will clog your pores. If you use the oil free lotion, your skin won't be dry, it's still getting moisture...

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Exfoliating scrubs really help. I trust you're using salicylic acid medication. I would avoid the other as it's rather drying. I'd say to use the stingy pads very sparingly (before bed). Don't touch your face during the day, and keep your nails and hair trimmed as much as possible. Wash your hands, avoid smoke, and try to relax.

I had acne rather bad in my middle and high school days, but time you near the 20's it will generally calm down greatly.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Guess you should work for Sephora then. Part is genetics and your hormones bud...don't know what to tell you from what I told you. Oil from lotion will clog your pores. If you use the oil free lotion, your skin won't be dry, it's still getting moisture...
ok. i'll see if i could keep up with the fresh towel a day thing. i'm going to try OCM, if it doesn't work out, i'll try what you said. what are bee pollen supplements? where do you get those?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

ok. i'll see if i could keep up with the fresh towel a day thing. i'm going to try OCM, if it doesn't work out, i'll try what you said. what are bee pollen supplements? where do you get those?
Amazon.com or local nature markets.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...+of+bee+pollen I use it and I see a benefit from it. I'm able to perform workouts better, and skin started to clear up. I mean I'm doing a combination of things so I wouldn't say bee pollen is the answer...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
Do nothing at all. Just stop. May sound like a crazy idea, but it works.
This, the more I tried the worse it got. Now I just wash my face in the shower with water and use saliva as a moisturiser if the hot shower dries my skin. Yeah it sounds disgusting but it works.

(Saliva as in, lick my hand, wipe face until hydrated
)

All I get now is a pimple a month generally.

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
Quote:

but i'm 18, no one my age that i know has acne.
I had pretty bad acne from age 11 well into my 20s.

Never touched my face, was fastidiously clean, ate well, drank lots of water, changed pillow cases every day, etc, etc. In the end I just grew out of it mostly.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Eat good food. Crappy food that doesn't have proper nutrients will give you acne. When I had my wisdom teeth out and was unable to eat any real food (ice cream 3x daily ftl) I got more pimples in that two week period than I had in my entire life before and after that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts