Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do u find out the socket type of ur mobo? i might be buying a mobo from this guy, and i want to know if all the stuff on my mobo would fit on the guy's mobo.

Here is the link to the mobo's specs and stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, and the mobo in the link will work, but just FYI, that mobo sucks....its an intel, AND because of that doesnt OC well at all. but if ure not going to OC, then itll be a good one.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what? that doesn't OC? well, Intel is the only CPU i have... i really need a mobo that OC's. i'm well aware that Intel oc'ing takes an extra step than the AMD, so.. then could u recommend a better mobo?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Yours is a Socket 478 motherboard, I can tell just by the processor. But you can download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and it will tell you.

i can't see the socket type in CPU-Z where do i look? (my CPU-Z is from overclock.net)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnogg

i can't see the socket type in CPU-Z where do i look? (my CPU-Z is from overclock.net)

where cpu-z says package, that is your socket.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

yeah, and the mobo in the link will work, but just FYI, that mobo sucks....its an intel, AND because of that doesnt OC well at all. but if ure not going to OC, then itll be a good one.

werd, might as well get a dell

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

what? that doesn't OC? well, Intel is the only CPU i have... i really need a mobo that OC's. i'm well aware that Intel oc'ing takes an extra step than the AMD, so.. then could u recommend a better mobo?

i would get a Abit IC7-G motherboard. cheap, and OCes like a mofo

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whew...
i wouldn't say that it's that cheap... 135? wow.. can't afford that much. it's gonna go way over my budget once all the tax and stuff are added. Any mobo between 70~90 that oc's well?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tw33k2514

Lga775 Ewwwwwwwwww

??? what are u trying to say?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

... what tax.. order online

isn't tax added even if u order online?

that's what I heard from a guy on the forum.... (can't reveal da name.. don't wanna embarass him in case he's wrong.. cough, cough)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

isn't tax added even if u order online?

that's what I heard from a guy on the forum.... (can't reveal da name.. don't wanna embarass him in case he's wrong.. cough, cough)

only time there is tax online is if you order from a company based in the state you live.

·
Registered
299 Posts
lga 775 that oc's well thats gonna be a hard find? any body got any suggestions cos i wud be interested aswell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts