Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Untitled.png 178k .png file

if you look at that photo, everytime i open something and maximize it, it doesnt fully go to the start menu line.

im thinking its a resolution problem?

i am running 1080p using HDMI from my monitor to GPU.

gpu is a 760 hawk MSI.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Doubt it's a resolution issue as 1080p is pretty standard. Do you have a minimisable start menu or any other quirk? Is that win 7 or 8?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
windows 7 64 bit pro
and im not sure about the "minimisable start menu" part. this was just like this as soon as i finished this pc build and got drivers installed

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was on my phone at the time... I meant the auto-hide and lock task-bar options but i've just tried that and can't replicate the issue on my Win 7 Pro x64 PC

I assume you're running 1920x1080 resolution to your 1080p monitor?

What else have you installed and can you do a full screen shot so we can see everything?

What programs have you installed, is it feasible to reinstall windows and see what a vanilla install does?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey, I doubt this will work but try going into your gpu options.
I have a ATI card, so in my catalyst I would click on the flat panel properties & click on enable gpu scaling.
Then click on "scale image to full panel size". See if that works?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is the screen you have open maximized?

Also is the taskbar locked? Right click it and lock it, that might get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm, okay, i dunno why, but when i woke up and checked this morning, it was fixed.

the opened window touches all the way to the task bar.

i didnt do anything to fix it or antyhing but its fixed.

i have no idea how it got fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts