Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new on the subject, so far i have stock everything.

(i do know how to OC however, just confused on the memory deal)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
ok
im not familiar w Biostar BIOS, but it should b very close to the FSB settings or in the pafrt where you control your memory.
If 1-1 setting is not possible in your BIOS, get 1-2, just make it as low as possible

also
as i look @ ur system, please dont OC with the stock HSF
best coolers would be
Prolimatech Megahalem
TRUE
NOCTUA
Xigmatek Dark Knight

·
Registered
558 Posts
It should be under the BIOS settings, where ever you do your OC'ing. On my board you just choose the frequency you want the RAM to run at, so if your FSB is say, 333, then you choose the 667 setting for your memory. Keep in mind the the memory frequency is double the FSB. On other boards, there may be just a setting for the divider, in that case, simply choose 1:1.

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
This is an AMD and I think the Intel guys have forgotten that. Look at this link to see what you need to set at.
This.

i was thinking of ways to say that, and you found the perfect thread. there should be somewhere in your bios about memory configuration or something. just keep looking around until you find numbers that match up like that list, for example 333/800 or 333/667, etc.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Since someone thinks I am onto something (thanks flat) this link would further explain what those numbers are if OP is less than sure what they mean. Oh and AMD's don't have FSB but that is a different thread.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I hate this board, it's completely different. It has something like.. V6/V8/V12 Tech Engine! to AUTO overclock. haha it's like a mobo for car people or something.

anyway, the mem divider is "Core DID" in CPU FID/VID Control and set it to [Divided By 1].

Make sure Core FID and NB FID is set correctly. In Voltage Configuration, make sure Memory, Chipset, and HT voltages are set accordingly. And that should be good enough to run 1:1.

Tim

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
1:1 for AMD is having your Bus speed the same as your memory, and with the speed of memory today, it's just not going to happen without dropping your memory's speed quite a bit. I'm at a 1:2 ratio 200MHz Bus:400MHz memory, i'm happy with that, lol.

• Rep+
Reactions: venom55520

·
Just a random internet
1,349 Posts
1:1 would be setting the ram to DDR2-400.
I forgot the name, but under Dram Timing there should be a field where you select "auto", "limit", or "manual". Choose "manual", then sit the memory clock value to 400.
This is the method I used to get my 710 to 3575mhz.

• Rep+
Reactions: venom55520
1 - 11 of 11 Posts