Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so we have a sbg900 motorola cable modem/router with build in router what i am trying to do is set up my network card in a way so it dosnt have to get the ip from the modem/router every time because that just takes way to long

i have tryed to set them in internet protocol (TCP/IP) properties but when ever i do it just log on to the router

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Usually your ISP controls your IP if it is static or not. Contact them to see if they can arrange it, it may incur a fee though.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I believe he is trying to set up a static IP for his network, rather than his WAN IP.

If it is for that, then this is how:
Control Panel > Network Connections > Your Connection > Properties > Highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" > Properties > Select "Use the following IP Address:" > Input your info (obtained from Start > Run > CMD > ipconfig /all)
> Select "Use the following DNS server addresses:" > Input info.

·
Registered
190 Posts
in windows go to: control Panel>Network Connections>Right Click on the Local Area Conncetion (or whatever connection the modem is connected to) and select properties. From there select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from there set your ip as you choose, as long as it falls within the parameters of the router (ie. 192.168.1.101)
And for your DNS go to the properties menue of your router to find the DNS and the enter that into the TCP/IP settings just like you did with the IP

·
Registered
190 Posts
To add to ****erFX:

yeah in the run>cmd console IPConfig/all will provide you with the info you need to input your static ip

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i got it going i think its going properly

dam you guys are good thanks heaps and thank you for being so fast to reply

1 - 10 of 10 Posts