Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN.

Sry if im in the wrong topic, but does anybody know how I can GET a virus?

I need either a list of malicious websites, or a link to a dangerous file eating worm virus or ANYTHING else of that nature!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Have a chat with the boys and girls at "cult of the dead cow"

Or just browse random p0rn sites.

That'll do it!

• Rep+
Reactions: Anton338

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
AntiVirus2010 is a VERY EVIL bit of EvilWare. Surefire way of killing a Win install very quickly...if that is what you REALLY mean to do.

I WARNED you, BTW, pardon all the caps-did I say that I warned you?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I take it that you want to test your antivirus program. Just keep it updated and trust it. Don't go looking for trouble.

·
OG
4,062 Posts
... why?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
AntiVirus2010 is a VERY EVIL bit of EvilWare. Surefire way of killing a Win install very quickly...if that is what you REALLY mean to do.

I WARNED you, BTW, pardon all the caps-did I say that I warned you?
yea this one will kill windows fast, my old roommate had it on his computer, took me around 10hrs to get all of it off manually...

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Pron.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by caraboose View Post
... why?
Either to
a)Test out his AV
b)Someone isnt in his good books.

• Rep+

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
xD I tried this once, I hopped on IE and just went surfing on some dodgy sites, and didn't pick up anything :s

I swear you can only get them when you don't want to, then I went to some malware analyzer forum where people just post direct links to viruses, but then I was missing a .dll and the virus wouldn't run ^^

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hah Thanks a bunch guys!
+rep all around for answering my unusual question!

... for all you curious minds, nah I never use anti-virus or firewalls. I was just thinking how hard is it to get a virus?
and I'm about to show my friend what happens when I do in fact fack up my OS. (I simply pull out my acronis disk and restore from the day after I reinstalled Win7)

^.^ good day to all

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
A NEAT trick of programming is the Fork Bomb. BTW. Not a virus simply a recursive command the overwhelms your machine with process forks.

VERY neat. Works on OSX, Windows, and Linux.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you just want to test an AV out, use eicar. This is a test file that doesn't actually do anything, but that AV vendors have agreed to put in their signature data bases so users can make sure the real time AV component is working.

X5O!P%@AP[4\\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

copy-paste that into a text document and save it as EICAR.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EICAR_test_file

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton338 View Post
... for all you curious minds, nah I never use anti-virus or firewalls. I was just thinking how hard is it to get a virus?
and I'm about to show my friend what happens when I do in fact fack up my OS. (I simply pull out my acronis disk and restore from the day after I reinstalled Win7)
And how does that help if personal information is already stolen?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts