Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get each webpage I visit to use the entire screen instead of just the middle with bars on the left and right. For example:
yahoox.png

I use nosquint add on for Firefox but if I magnify it big enough to fit the screen it just doesn't look right. I'm not talking about the F11 full screen option or using CTRL +or-. OCN has a widescreen option: example:
ocnx.png

I was just wondering how to get other sites to display that way without me having to manipulate every page I visit.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibre_optics;15252002
Im pretty sure that it depends on the website some have the widescreen option but a lot still have a 4:3 layout as like 70% of users are still on 1024x768 or similar.
I kind of thought that would be the answer but was still hoping there was a way to do it.
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It's the way the CSS is written, I'm afraid.

Narrow website layouts are more compatible.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You really cant do anything else other than zoom it in or out! Besides, you have a 1080p screen, that isnt something small, now think about those guys with larger resolutions!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike;15252197
The real problem is you're using Yahoo. lol
Whats wrong with Yahoo?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Websites are hard coded to only allow certain widths.

You'll either need a more permanent solution of something like firebug to edit the css on your end, or a zoomed in feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK;15251966
I was just wondering how to get other sites to display that way without me having to manipulate every page I visit.
Shouldnt be possible.

·
Registered
675 Posts
most websites are still designed to be 960px wide, to enable accessibility to the largest amount of people, because allegedly there's a person in their closet somewhere sitting in front of a CRT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts