Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
I'm new to the overclocking scene and need some guidelines as to how i should go about OCing my system. I do have some basic ideas as to how some things work, however my knowledge is limited and some things such as memory timings and ratios get me confused alot. Can anyone pls explain what i should do to OC my system properly??
I do not want to go too far, just enough to get the best possible from this spec., however i'm interested in what i could do in the future (with more money) to increase the OCing potential.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo019

Hi to all,
I'm new to the overclocking scene and need some guidelines as to how i should go about OCing my system. I do have some basic ideas as to how some things work, however my knowledge is limited and some things such as memory timings and ratios get me confused alot. Can anyone pls explain what i should do to OC my system properly??
I do not want to go too far, just enough to get the best possible from this spec., however i'm interested in what i could do in the future (with more money) to increase the OCing potential.

Welcome to the forum Neo019.

I can't tell you much about OCing AMD's, but check out the AMD OC guide, it will give you a good start.. ---> http://www.overclock.net/overclock.p...king-guide.htm

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to oc.net

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

Why??? LOL
Do you want me to change it?

Nah not really... I sorta just wanna rip its eyeballs out... i dunno I'm weird... some avatars drive me nuts... Like when Xavier had the big titty anime character...

bouncing... always bouncing

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

Nah not really... I sorta just wanna rip its eyeballs out... i dunno I'm weird... some avatars drive me nuts... Like when Xavier had the big titty anime character...

bouncing... always bouncing

LMAO, ya I like Xaviers bouncing avatar!

I'll tell you what, I can take the eyes out for you and make his tongue flicker in and out??

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

LMAO, ya I like Xaviers bouncing avatar!

I'll tell you what, I can take the eyes out for you and make his tongue flicker in and out??

NO!!!!! I prefer the eyes

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Hi to all,

Welcome to The Forum, you look to have a descent spec machine. The first thing will be better cooling. You'll probably be better with water or better with the temps you'll get in summer.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

if you could i would get PC4000+ ram so you wont be limited in that field.

THATS WHAT ILL BE GETTING!!!

My pc is now so sexy... except for the **** ram and missing CPU... hehe... i can still stare at it and be happy though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tnx 2 all u guys 4 the good links, and 4 the great welcome!!!
well, replying to some of you...

gibant1... pls tell me what you think of d temps.:

max CPU temp. is 44 C - 45 C (during Sandra burn-in and other benchmarks etc...)

mobo chipset temp. goes from 49 C to 53 C after prolonged usage (never exceeded 56 C)

...isn't the nforce3 too hot??? it stable but hot???

plague... your right, however i just bought this so will do when i have d funds

in fact... i could get the memory only OCed 1:1 @ 235Mhz FSB (effectively 470Mhz) and guess what... this is Value ram!!! (So i guess it's the max it can go right??) Still i'm not happy with the timings (3.0-3-3-8
) but i can't fix them and boot.

btw updated my sys. specs and some scores

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

tnx 2 all u guys 4 the good links, and 4 the great welcome!!!
well, replying to some of you...

gibant1... pls tell me what you think of d temps.:

max CPU temp. is 44 C - 45 C (during Sandra burn-in and other benchmarks etc...)

mobo chipset temp. goes from 49 C to 53 C after prolonged usage (never exceeded 56 C)

...isn't the nforce3 too hot??? it stable but hot???

plague... your right, however i just bought this so will do when i have d funds

in fact... i could get the memory only OCed 1:1 @ 235Mhz FSB (effectively 470Mhz) and guess what... this is Value ram!!! (So i guess it's the max it can go right??) Still i'm not happy with the timings (3.0-3-3-8
) but i can't fix them and boot.

btw updated my sys. specs and some scores

I think your temp may be the other way around, are you using MBM5 to check them? From what I know the northbridge on the Nforce's can get pretty hot and a better cooler is a good idea. But It has to be said that I'm not a AMD64 expert. If you post something in the AMD section, you'll get some better advice than I can give.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

I think your temp may be the other way around, are you using MBM5 to check them? From what I know the northbridge on the Nforce's can get pretty hot and a better cooler is a good idea. But It has to be said that I'm not a AMD64 expert. If you post something in the AMD section, you'll get some better advice than I can give.

Here's a random thought... why haven't I seen ender around?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

Here's a random thought... why haven't I seen ender around?

To be honest I cant remember ender. It's only in the last 2-3 months that I've been posting alot here. Dont think our paths crossed.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

To be honest I cant remember ender. It's only in the last 2-3 months that I've been posting alot here. Dont think our paths crossed.

thats too bad since he is a fellow intel'ean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts