Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He i recently got help from here to raid both of my seagates 500GB to raid0. I was under the impression that this will also raise my windows experience index. It was at 5.9 before the raid0 but it is still 5.9 after the raid 0. I checked my driver space and i do have 1TB of space, so i was wondering if it was working or not.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142
View Post

He i recently got help from here to raid both of my seagates 500GB to raid0. I was under the impression that this will also raise my windows experience index. It was at 5.9 before the raid0 but it is still 5.9 after the raid 0. I checked my driver space and i do have 1TB of space, so i was wondering if it was working or not.

Vista maxes out at 5.9, I believe Win 7 is 6.9 for the max. If you run HDTune, that should give you a good benchmark performance-wise so you can see how well it's working.

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Don't get all hung up on the Windows Experience Index. The general consensus is that a 5.9+ score isn't easily achievable with standard HDDs.

Anyways, you should be able to install a monitoring utility for your HDDs, from the manufacturer of your RAID controller.

If Disk Management shows 1TB, and Device Management shows "RAID Array" or something along those lines under "Disk Drives", you're fine.

• Rep+
Reactions: doc2142

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrice00
View Post

Vista maxes out at 5.9, I believe Win 7 is 6.9 for the max. If you run HDTune, that should give you a good benchmark performance-wise so you can see how well it's working.

7.9 for Win7 and you need 2x Intel X25-m in raid 0 to achieve it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ran performance test on disk and got 246mb/s read and 208mb/s on write is that right? My HDD are 2x seagates 7000.12 500GB's

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the performance test looks aight for raid 0 for those drives?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I just ran performance test on disk and got 246mb/s read and 208mb/s on write is that right? My HDD are 2x seagates 7000.12 500GB's

Looks OK to me.

Check others here and here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:

View Post

is the performance test looks aight for raid 0 for those drives?

Absolutely Normal. your Raid works just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts