Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a celeron 600 ( i know it isnt much) but i saw on firingsquad that they had theirs upto 945 mhz.......which would rule

does anyone know how i would do this? id really appreicate it!

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so i did as much as i think i can do.....

went from 600 to 675 via BIOS and frequency settings, Here is a screenie of the after:

Thanks!

·
OG Overclocker
875 Posts
If u cant change the FSB in the bios, try a program called CPUFSB. Ive used it before and it works great.
U can find it here. http://www.cpufsb.de/

by the way, what mobo and chipset do u have?

CPUFSB might have FSB settings that dont show in the BIOS.

• Rep+
Reactions: JustinOhioRR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried that program
i have a BIOSTAR M6TWG which wasnt in the list on that cpufsb program..........how do i know which one to use?

Thanks.

·
OG Overclocker
875 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinOhioRR
i tried that program
i have a BIOSTAR M6TWG which wasnt in the list on that cpufsb program..........how do i know which one to use?

Thanks.
Find the make and number of ur PLL (it tells what to look for in the readme) and match that with the drop down menus in the program.

• Rep+
Reactions: JustinOhioRR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uh yeah, it says i now need to install a driver ntwio.sys or some ****..........and wahts a PLL? i have recently un-oc'ed it becuase it seemed to be freezing up after a screen saver would come up or after id try to switch users, i ono

·
OG Overclocker
875 Posts
A PLL is the clock generator chip that takes the frequency from a crystal and splits/multiplies it to the proper mhz for yr cpu, fsb, pci, agp, usb, ect...
CPUFSB directly accesses this chip and changes its settings on the fly so u can get faster fsb speeds. It doesnt do anything with the bios.

If its freezing up, its probably oc'd too high. U can try to set slower mem timings in the bios, if u can. Also, add some cpu voltage in the bios (like 0.1v extra.)

Or, it could be that u have cpufsb set to the wrong PLL.

As for ntwio.sys, i have no idea... anyone else know?
Maybe podein (the guy who wrote cpufsb) knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts