Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be getting a FX-57 when i get some more cash (just dropped $800 on that dam 7800) but for now i would like to oc my 53 to about stock 55 i would love to be able to get it to 57 stock spec's but i know thats not going to happen, so just wondering how i do it?

·
Banned
151 Posts
When the computer boots up, go into the BIOS. From there, you should be able to adjust the clock speed. Don't push it too high too fast; just gradually increase bus speed until you reach the maximum stable speed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Too bad you didn't get a BIOSTAR MB like me, as recommended by a prior banned member "INTEGRITYSEEKS".

ONE SIMPLE BIOS adjustment and my CPU is 25% speed OC'd.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there is

CPU Config
Hyper Transport Frequency?

Dram Config:

Max Memclock?
1T/2t memory timing?
CAS# latency?
RAS# to CAS# delay ?
Min RAS# active time?
Row precharge Time Master ECC Enabled?

now i only toched the memclock and moved it from DDR400 to DDR433 and it made the speed go from 2.4GHz to about 2.2 GHz

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing i dont get is what i need to adjust\\play around with nothing is named FSB and nothing is name multiplier thats where im getting lost.

anyway like i said i messed with it befor i knew what i was doing and i just reset everything to default it brought the 2.4GHz back but i want to make sure it was running same as before i didnt mess with it at all before tonight but i want to make sure setting it to default didnt lower anything

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I looked up you BIOS and the overclocking settings should be in the jumperfree configuration area. Set that to manual and then the CPU frequency should be the same as FSB. there is also an option for multipliers there.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i found what you where talking about but now how do i change the 2.4GHz into 2.6GHz what do i need to set things at?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Set the Jupmerfree thing to manuel and then adjust the CPU speed (starts at 200 and goes up). To find the CPU operating frequency multiply that number by the CPU multiplyer. There is no actual option to set the cpu at 2.6Ghz, you do it indirectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts