Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there how would you overclock a P3 with a celeron II 700mhz CPU with a epox EP-3VBA and my BIOS is the award moduler v4.1PG from phoenix ....i know its a piece of Sh#t but i wanna overclock to see if it will run anybetter but i dont know were to start. could anyone help me ?
thanks

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate
have a look at the intel overclocking guide and the "definitive answer" thread. they're both filled with information that'll have you reading for quite a while. i'll let the intel guys take it from here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after reading the intel overclocking guide i tried some of the things it said on my own machine an to much surprise i was able to OC my pc from origionally being 700mhz i got it up to 875mhz its running alot better then it ever did ... you reckon i should go higher or do i need better cooling equipment?

also will i be able to oc my video card lol its a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2...or should i just get a new one ?

peace

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeman08
after reading the intel overclocking guide i tried some of the things it said on my own machine an to much surprise i was able to OC my pc from origionally being 700mhz i got it up to 875mhz its running alot better then it ever did ... you reckon i should go higher or do i need better cooling equipment?

also will i be able to oc my video card lol its a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2...or should i just get a new one ?

peace
You can push the processor higher, push it untill the comp wont boot, then reset the cmos and lower the settings a bit untill it will boot then that will be your maximum. depending on your HSF you should be able to get a bit higher, also depends on what memory you have.

As for overclocking your video card get coolbits it is a registry hack so you can overclock the gfx card

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

You can push the processor higher, push it untill the comp wont boot, then reset the cmos and lower the settings a bit untill it will boot then that will be your maximum

cheers mate how exactly do i reset the cmos and lower the settings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts