Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Windows 10 Pro user (x64)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to run a few games, most notably HITMAN (2016)...

I bencmark well however i get dips down to 20FPS and an average of 56 FPS, this can't be happenining when i'm playing, so i'm hoping to overclock my SLI to boost to at least 30-ish FPS dips so i wont fail a mission.

Problem is, with anything over 80 MHz boost, i freeze, and my whole system locks up.

Any advice on my setup using ECGA Precision to overclock?

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This link gave me a good idea on how to overclock a 960, i did equal OC's on them, +85 GPU, +517 Memory, overvolt 6mV. HITMAN runs at 30FPS stable in "World of Tomorrow", on Medium everything , FXAA, HSAO OFF... in the ruins sniping the house terrace, where i only got about 23 FPS before. usually i get around 56-60 FPS is less intensive areas, is suspect with V-Sync ON it will be steady 60 for much of the game.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-super-super-clocked-gtx-960,4063-4.html

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
Use afterburner and change the sliders and the power all the way up. Push Mem and core and see what happens. I don't know why I read that at first as 970s.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,910 Posts
Use afterburner and change the sliders and the power all the way up. Most likely your dips are from the 3.5gb .5gb memory setup of the 970s. you need to make sure that you stay under the 3.5GB Vram limit.
OP is asking about GTX 960s, not 970s. 960s didn't have that issue and had a fully functional 4GB to play with (unless you were running the GTX 960 2GB variant, obviously).

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
OP is asking about GTX 960s, not 970s. 960s didn't have that issue and had a fully functional 4GB to play with (unless you were running the GTX 960 2GB variant, obviously).
Yea I somehow read 970 not 960 i'm tired and on a tiny screen. changed my post.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys, Tom's Hardware guide helped me tons, i can deal with 30 FPS, it is old-school console frames and not skipping anymore, i finally sniped the doctor on the terrace from 200+meters!!

And i'm not looking to OC much, looking to keep these 960's in pristine condition so i can sell them around the time i buy a GTX 1080 but first i need to replace the Core [email protected] 3.6GHz (it's a Quad-Core with no HT, 300 series on an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E MB, and 16GB DDR4 2133MHz, it's a fairly decent build, but i have to upgrade to at least an i5 8600K or i7 8700K to get a maximum-performance PC and that will take a year or so, Mafia III won't even run with this CPU, because it clips my CPU at 100% and skips to a freeze for about a second or two every 5 seconds lol.)

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,910 Posts
Thanks guys, Tom's Hardware guide helped me tons, i can deal with 30 FPS, it is old-school console frames and not skipping anymore, i finally sniped the doctor on the terrace from 200+meters!!

And i'm not looking to OC much, looking to keep these 960's in pristine condition so i can sell them around the time i buy a GTX 1080 but first i need to replace the Core [email protected] 3.6GHz (it's a Quad-Core with no HT, 300 series on an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E MB, and 16GB DDR4 2133MHz, it's a fairly decent build, but i have to upgrade to at least an i5 8600K or i7 8700K to get a maximum-performance PC and that will take a year or so, Mafia III won't even run with this CPU, because it clips my CPU at 100% and skips to a freeze for about a second or two every 5 seconds lol.)
an i3 8100 won't bottleneck a GTX 1080.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts