Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to switch the 2 channels so the left channel comes from the right speaker, and the right channel from the left. Short of cutting the cord up and rewiring it, how do I do this?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobotoo;14889100
If you have positional audio software you can move the placement of your speakers in the software.

But I would think your best bet is to switch the inputs.
The software won't let me change placement.

Forgot to mention, it's headphones. There's no way to switch the inputs.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealio;14889146
there is no native or freeware solution.. found this http://www.sobolsoft.com/swapspeaker/

i take it you will not swap the speakers or flip your headphones, why not?

also you can get 3.5mm to RCA adapters a flip the RCA channels
My headphones rotate like this (↓) but they stop when they're parallel with each other.

XNC200G_e.JPG

It's super uncomfortable to use them if I wear earrings, so I usually end up putting them on backwards so they aren't crushing my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealio;14889222
plug these together,

56111.jpg

56121.jpg
LOL, awesome idea. I'll do that if I cannot find a software fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know, this is an old post, but since it pops up as the first result in Google when searching for "Windows Swap Audio Channels", I thought it would be good to post a working, free solution here:
  • Download Equalizer APO from https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
  • Configure it to attach to your output device (Usually something like: "Speakers - VIA HD Audio" or "Speakers - Realtek HD Audio"); you can change this later with the "Configurator" tool from the Equalizer APO start menu folder
  • Create a new file in C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config, name it for example swapchannels.txt
  • Paste the following line into it as its only content:
    Copy: L=R R=L
  • Save it
  • Open Equalizer APO's configuration editor
  • Make sure that your device is the correct one in the dropdown menu on the top right
  • If applicable, remove all pre-configured options by clicking the red "minus" icon (or, if shown, the button with two arrows pointing downwards, then "Remove")
  • Click the green "plus" icon to add a new configuration for your output device, then navigate to the "Include configuration file" option
  • Select your swapchannels.txt file
  • Save/Apply the configuration
  • Voilà!
tl;dr:
Install and configure EqualizerAPO for your output device with only one configuration file that has only

Code:

Code:
as its content.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@EdRoxter: It Works. 100/100 %
Every little jimmy says just swap the kabel, BUT THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE LITTLE JIMMY,
just answer the question god damn it.
... Back to topic.
@EdRoxter Just came here to say Thank you.
You are awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
@EdRoxter Great fix, thanks! Though it took me a good 30 mins to make it work, I wrote the config manually and it didn't work untill I used a capital C in the word Copy
hmmsmiley02.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fantastic work posting the fix for this. My nice headphones have the 3.5mm port coming straight out the BACK of the left cup and made my V-Moda Boompro mic unusable. This was the perfect solution and took all of 5 minutes to do. Thanks EdRoxter!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRoxter View Post

I know, this is an old post, but since it pops up as the first result in Google when searching for "Windows Swap Audio Channels", I thought it would be good to post a working, free solution here:
  • Configure it to attach to your output device (Usually something like: "Speakers - VIA HD Audio" or "Speakers - Realtek HD Audio"); you can change this later with the "Configurator" tool from the Equalizer APO start menu folder
  • Create a new file in C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config, name it for example swapchannels.txt
  • Save it
  • Make sure that your device is the correct one in the dropdown menu on the top right
  • If applicable, remove all pre-configured options by clicking the red "minus" icon (or, if shown, the button with two arrows pointing downwards, then "Remove")
  • Click the green "plus" icon to add a new configuration for your output device, then navigate to the "Include configuration file" option
  • Voilà!

tl;dr:
Install and configure EqualizerAPO for your output device with only one configuration file that has only

Code:

Code:
as its content.

Hope this helps!
You`re awesome! Thank you very much? you just made my day! I`ve searched for the solution and nobody gave software issue! Just registered to THANK YOU and + to your rep - that`s what you deserve!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

• Save it
  • Voilà!
tl;dr:

Code:

Code:
as its content.

Hope this helps!
this should be sticked thread !
thanks Edroxter !
i spend so much time on web to finally make a software solution !
thanks thanks thanks !

·
RET 0
2,553 Posts
Quote:

• Save it
  • Voilà!
tl;dr:

Code:

Code:
as its content.

Hope this helps!
Adding to this, there's also a GUI tool called Peace that allows you to do various things without manually writing the code. In this case this is the option you want;

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

• Save it
  • Voilà!
tl;dr:

Code:

Code:
as its content.

Hope this helps!
Thank You sooooo much!
It helped. First time somebody not said "change the cable"...

You made my day/week or even more
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • Save it
  • Voilà!
tl;dr:
Install and configure EqualizerAPO for your output device with only one configuration file that has onlyCode:
as its content.

Hope this helps!
Omg it works thank you so much man :D . Wish you the best my mate :specool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts