Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this guy i know runs his own co. i am trying to help him out.. they had a minor flood in the building and it took out his comp somehow. well the hard drive is still good. can see it in bios and after booting the new comp up. but can not get access into it.. it is password protected by the guy who set up the first system{ he is no longer alive} so i cant get the password. how would i remove it or at least make a copy of everything to use it on the other computer?

i am at home now but i might go tonight to work on it or pick it up tonight so i have it for the day.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just about all of them are paid services. you have to send the hard drive to them. i don't have that kind of time. this thing has all his clients, and info on it, without it he is running in the dark so to speak.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
just about all of them are paid services. you have to send the hard drive to them. i don't have that kind of time. this thing has all his clients, and info on it, without it he is running in the dark so to speak.
Recovering data off of an encrypted hard drive is difficult and expensive. Especially if it needs to be done on-the-fly with limited downtime. Expect to pay big $$$ to have someone drive down to your place of business for an on-site call, and do it there.

You've already lost one day. You should act quickly to prevent further downtime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts