Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a floppy drive in my comp, and since I can't tinker with the multipliers or anything since they are greyed out, I thought updating the bios might work.

so here are 2 questions.

A) will I be able to adjust multipliers and such if I upgrade my bios?

B) how can I upgrade it with a floppy drive?

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
1) Possible
2) Who the hell uses a floppy still?!
Get with your BIOS and your CD-Rom and do the DOS...Faster...save more data (like bios files are huge...I got all my bios for my motherboards and videocards on one disk and I'm still burning on it 2 years later)...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it may not be possible to unlock the multiplier and such if I do a bios update?

hmm, is there anything that can then?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
You can also google a program called "Winflash" and flash your bios from within windows. All you need is the bios .bin file somewhere you can find it. Its real easy and works well. I used it to flash my mobo bios to the latest version, and you don't need a floppy either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude

not on an X2 3800+

I cant do anything to the X2???

how do some people here have 2.5 on theirs as opposed to the 2.0 standard running?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty099

get a windows Flash utility...goto your motherboards site and find the NEW bios there...I'd be willing to bet there is also a Windows Flash utility there too...hope this helps...TY

havnt seen one. its not even on the website :swearing:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K, got the downloader, installed, and tried to update all the info, but I keep getting a run time error.

I contacted msi canada, maybe they can help me out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Man,
Wow, another person with my motherboard. Medion comp I assume? I have the same problem your having, I can't unlocked the options in the bios to overclock. I downloaded the newest bios from www.Medionusa.com I bought a 15 dollar floppy drive and updated the bios to the newest version. Still nothing. I bought a 58 dollar USD. Bios from www.biosupgrade.com. IT didn't work!!!! I'm frustrated, I emailed Tech help from Medion. Hopefully i'll get some sort of response. If you want the newest bios I can email it to you.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for contacting Medion USA Customer Care.

I am writing to you in regards to your inquiry about your BIOS.

After looking into this, I have found out that unlocking these areas is
unavailable.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to e-mail us back.

Best Regards,
Cyril

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, medion, they are idiots over there, same with msi, i emailed them, they said get an rma request form and do that. i did the rma, got a responce, but had to log into it to read it.... i cant log in, so i emailed them again about not being able to log into the rma to read it, they told me to rma again..... idiots.....:swearing:

anyways, back to the topic at hand, there HAS to be a way to change stuff in the bios.... anyone, help us two out!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Do some searching for BIOS mods/hacks... some are available for some MBs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did, a lot...

but the msi-7123 is like a non-exstant board.

the thing that is closest to it is an msi-7125, but i dunno if they are in fact the same thing...

• Rep+
Reactions: SamTrooper

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just found a new Update for APril 2006 for Our Motherboard. I will try to install it when I get some free time and see if it unlocks the overclockin ability. IT should!

www.medionusa.com and go to the links for downloads..and you'll see it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamTrooper
View Post

I just found a new Update for APril 2006 for Our Motherboard. I will try to install it when I get some free time and see if it unlocks the overclockin ability. IT should!

www.medionusa.com and go to the links for downloads..and you'll see it...

I just found this forum and I have the MS-7123 MB. Did you ever get that BIOS to work and if you have it, can I get it from you.

-Thanks
Jeong

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeongl
View Post

I just found this forum and I have the MS-7123 MB. Did you ever get that BIOS to work and if you have it, can I get it from you.

-Thanks
Jeong

Sorry I never got it to work have to get a new MOBO. Medion sucks...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts