Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never used it before and would like to know how

i read some of the guides and know what to do but not how

i tried the "Find Max Core" and it got to 2hrs and i exited because it will be far quicker manually

when i move the slider up, say 10Mhz, and hit Set Clock it just moves back down to 513Mhz (Stock)

how do i OC??

Thx in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
it shouldn't, move them both up like 20Mhz to start then try going up in fives and keep searching for artifacts, with my card the memory clocks double the core!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you move the slider then click scan for artifacts

OR

move the slider click Set Clock and then scan for artifacts?

if its the second one then the sliders just go back to stock when i click Set Clock

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Move slider, set clocks, scan for artifacts

If you see any yellow dots on the 3d cube, you up the voltage or decrease the overclock

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you should have to set clocks. I think some of the cards don't increment in .25 Mhz increments, you have to go up a bit more. Try steps of 15-20

Mine does the same thing, i tried to set it to 600/700, stock, and it droped down to like 594/697. I had to take it up to 605/705 and it dropped down to like 603/704 to get at/over stock timings.

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
well its not like a 1900 isn't overclockable...hmm must be your settings somewhere?? maybe in ATI tools, check the settings and fiddle around!

·
Registered
37 Posts
im trying to oc my card too, and it does the same thing. i bump it up ~25mhz, click set clock, and it just goes back to normal after a couple seconds. anyone ever get this figured out? thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezeedee View Post
im trying to oc my card too, and it does the same thing. i bump it up ~25mhz, click set clock, and it just goes back to normal after a couple seconds. anyone ever get this figured out? thanks.

Which slider are you adjusting? If you slide the one on the far right (3D) up, then click set clock....it should work (and set the 2D slider for the same). When I just slide the 2D slider up and click set clock....it does what you are saying.

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
ati tool 0.27b4 is i think.. what you should be using.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I manually entered 300 Mhz for core and 100 mhz for memory which mean Core is 900 Mhz and 1000Mhz for memory. Then after I clicked scan for artifact, the sliders immediately moved back. I checked the log right away and it even says Scan started at Core 600, memory 900 (unchange). This program apparently doesn't like Nvidia. Can someone suggest a compatible overclocking utility for Nvidia (not that nTune).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts