Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, last month I build myself a new gaming rig with two 6970's in crossfire. It is AMAZING... But, for this one game... (BFBC2 to be exact) there are horrible flickering problems. This goes away when you turn off crossfire, and one 6970 is more than enough to play BFBC2 maxed 60fps @1080p. So, is there any way to disable crossfire for JUST that game? It is an extreme annoyance to go to CCC to turn it off every single time. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by watapanda View Post

Hi, last month I build myself a new gaming rig with two 6970's in crossfire. It is AMAZING... But, for this one game... (BFBC2 to be exact) there are horrible flickering problems. This goes away when you turn off crossfire, and one 6970 is more than enough to play BFBC2 maxed 60fps @1080p. So, is there any way to disable crossfire for JUST that game? It is an extreme annoyance to go to CCC to turn it off every single time. Thanks in advance!
Go to CCC 3D settings > Catalyst A.I > select "Quality".

Then create a "preset" for BFBC2. For example "X".

• Step 1: Go in CCC 3D settings to set your settings for your specific game. Example "X" then save your preset as "X".
  • Step 2 : Go in Preferences and go into Standard view to apply your other preferences in the other menus, example: Overdrive/colors etc, but don't alter the 3D as your already did this step previously. DO NOT SAVE.
  • Step 3: Once all your preferences are done for your "X" game. Click Start at the top of CCC to select Preset. Click "add preset" and save it to the same name you did in Advanced mode "X". When prompted to overwrite, select "Yes".
Now your 3D settings will be applied and your custom Overdrive settings also when you select a specified preset for a game or whatever you need.

Go to verify the profile in: xxxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles\ if all there, you can go back into Advanced Mode to click on your presets and they will now work

Create a keyboard shortcut ke for preset "X".

·
Premium Member
14,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post

Go to CCC 3D settings > Catalyst A.I > select "Quality".

Then create a "preset" for BFBC2. For example "X".
  • Step 1: Go in CCC 3D settings to set your settings for your specific game. Example "X" then save your preset as "X".

• Step 2 : Go in Preferences and go into Standard view to apply your other preferences in the other menus, example: Overdrive/colors etc, but don't alter the 3D as your already did this step previously. DO NOT SAVE.

• Step 3: Once all your preferences are done for your "X" game. Click Start at the top of CCC to select Preset. Click "add preset" and save it to the same name you did in Advanced mode "X". When prompted to overwrite, select "Yes".

Now your 3D settings will be applied and your custom Overdrive settings also when you select a specified preset for a game or whatever you need.

Go to verify the profile in: xxxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles\ if all there, you can go back into Advanced Mode to click on your presets and they will now work

Create a keyboard shortcut ke for preset "X".
Oh wow, today I learned. Ken always providing knowledge
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Download and install RadeonPro. Add the game and go to the tweaks tab and choose crossfire off in the CrossFireX section. Trust me its absolutely the best way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.