Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so ive decided i wanto flash the BIOS on my 4770 to see if i can push the OC a little higher, ive downloaded the asus TOP bios but im not sure howto proceed, could anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't know how to on ATI cards, but for nVidia there's an application called nvflash-- grab the card bios using GPU-z, modify it with nibitor, then reboot in DOS and use nvflash to write it to your card and reboot again.

I'm sure there's a similar utility for ATI cards, I just don't know what it's called.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Take USB Flash Key and format it using HP Format tool and DOS files.
Download ATIFlash and put it together with your BIOS rom on the USB key.
Boot from Key and >forgot atiflash command here<.

All this explained here

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok just got done, initially it seemed succesfull but the max resolution i can go is 1400x1050 as opposed to my monitors native resolution 1920x1080 and CCC dosent recognize the card at all

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypunk
View Post

ok just got done, initially it seemed succesfull but the max resolution i can go is 1400x1050 as opposed to my monitors native resolution 1920x1080 and CCC dosent recognize the card at all

failed flash then, go back to stock one

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:/

weird thing though is this is right after i installed the windows update for SP1 and at the login screen before it applied it it seemed to be at its native resolution, could the update be causing some kind of conflict?

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
Quote:

View Post

:/

weird thing though is this is right after i installed the windows update for SP1 and at the login screen before it applied it it seemed to be at its native resolution, could the update be causing some kind of conflict?

the bios you flashed to could have been corrupted or damaged somehow in the process

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guess no extra OC for me :/

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
Quote:

View Post

guess no extra OC for me :/

doesn't look like it

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SUCCESS! on a chance i tried reflashing it and since there was no windows update to mess with it im now at 1920x1080 running 800/850 as opposed to the old 750/800, now onto some more overclocking

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
Quote:

View Post

SUCCESS! on a chance i tried reflashing it and since there was no windows update to mess with it im now at 1920x1080 running 800/850 as opposed to the old 750/800, now onto some more overclocking

nice work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts