Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this crap is stupid... people say you are either a claw grip, or a palm grip.

false...

this thread is to show that labels are stupid and there are many ways to grip a mouse. show us how you grip yours

this is how i usually grip my sidewinder x8

see how claw grip looks nothing like how im gripping my mouse and neither does palm grip?

i have my own mouse grip style and its neither palm or claw. claw is stupid cause your fingers will get carple tunnel after a while and its just uncomfortable after a while. palm grip is stupid cause its just not as efficient having the entire surface of your finger on the mouse buttons.

my grip imo is the best. i pretty much have half my palm gripping the mouse, thumb resting on the side as well as my ring and pinky fingers slightly gripping the inter side, and my fingers slightly arched so they are almost resting on the mouse and only the tips touch the button.i often rest my finger ont he mouse which takes my arch away if i barely ever click... think of it as standby mode to conserve power

how do you grip your mouse?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
games and such I'm palm, casual serving or just doing nonsense on my computer I'm claw.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I switch between palm and claw while gaming. Depends whether I need to turn around really quick, or I'm sniping and need the most minute changes in my aim.

Random nonsense, I'm mostly palm grip.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post
games and such I'm palm, casual serving or just doing nonsense on my computer I'm claw.
I'm the exact opposite, only my claw grip isn't as arched as the one in that picture in the OP.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Claw grip for me. Much more accurate to me, plus i have better control since i use very high sensitivity...my wrist doesnt move from one spot on the desk.

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1 View Post
Claw grip for me. Much more accurate to me, plus i have better control since i use very high sensitivity...my wrist doesnt move from one spot on the desk.
lol i game at 4000 dpi... id game higher if i could but this mouse maxes out at 4000 my fingers and wrist move my mouse very accurately, much like a pencil

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyak View Post
Your grip (and mine too) is called the fingertip grip.

i dont grip like that cause my palm is on the back of my mouse....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post
Same. Clawing is great for lazy browsing.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Both I guess: my palm lightly rests on the mouse and my fingers are in a claw-esque stance.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyL
View Post

i dont grip like that cause my palm is on the back of my mouse....

Do you use your fingers to move the mouse up and down, or do you always move your entire arm to do it?

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyak
View Post

Do you use your fingers to move the mouse up and down, or do you always move your entire arm to do it?

i use my fingers and wrist to move small movements and entire arm for big movements

1 - 20 of 33 Posts