Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you make a bootable backed up windows system disk?

when u try to make a back up of it the boot from CD option is gone.

please help..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

lol i havent actually made a system disk but i think its under add/remove programs there should be 3 tabs its called startup disk

no i mean the windows xp setup disk.

the one you install windows with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean like a copy of the CD from my hard drive.

when u transfer the files to the CD it doesn't become bootable at startup.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
You didnt have to take a rep point away for that...
:swearing: :swearing:

Windows bootup disks for XP are very horrible, I've never gotten one to work. Because, XP is not DOS-based like 98, 95, 3.1. If you really need to boot using a 98 CD

If that doesnt help, you need to have a CD burning program like Nero because they have an option for bootable disks. Copying files into the horrible Windows burning doest work.

I cant believe you took a rep away when i was trying to HELP you... geez :swearing: :swearing:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

You didnt have to take a rep point away for that...
:swearing: :swearing:

Windows bootup disks for XP are very horrible, I've never gotten one to work. Because, XP is not DOS-based like 98, 95, 3.1. If you really need to boot using a 98 CD

If that doesnt help, you need to have a CD burning program like Nero because they have an option for bootable disks. Copying files into the horrible Windows burning doest work.

I cant believe you took a rep away when i was trying to HELP you... geez :swearing: :swearing:

Nero won't work against that , I tried. You need those boot files from the 6 windows xp boot disks but i don't know where to put them....

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Booting from the six XP boot disks is the same as booting from the XP CD, if I'm not mistaken. (I know for 2000 it's the same either way.) If for some reason you're trying to copy the files created on the floppies to disk, then (like it was said), you need to make the CD bootable when you burn the files to the CD. ...but again, if you can get it to work, it will be the same as booting from the XP CD.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Ghost disk to disk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts