Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried. I really tried.

I disabled Cortana and disabled every possible setting that creates a prompt. Nothing seems permanent on this OS.

Windows update can't be disabled. It prompts and prompts until it eventually does an update. Each time it updates, it seems to turn all the annoyances back on. Anti Virus, Cortana, security prompts.. it all keeps coming back. Even that bulky annoying "Ribbon" comes back in file explorer.

Does anyone know of a nice comprehensive guide to make Windows 10 bearable? And if not a guide, perhaps a software suite that isn't equally annoying or resource hungry?

This operating system is so much harder to keep under control than Windows 7. I've already gone back to 7, until I can find some way to make Windows 10 bearable.

Lol the rage I feel when I see a new prompt from Windows.. I nearly smashed my monitor today.

·
Registered
629 Posts
By installing Windows 7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Rep+
Reactions: xioros

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueForm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Install windows 7
Real helpful you guuuuuuys, gj
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKUL7R4 View Post

I've never had any of my settings change after an update. Cortana is still disabled and everything else.
Same here, if it resets then something's wrong.

Also, updates can be disabled on Win10 Pro, mine are disabled.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueForm View Post

thumb.gif

I never committed to Windows 10. Win 7 is still on my SSD's and I can't bear to use 10 anymore.

I do want to, though. I like the fast boot times and the OS is certainly much more refined and efficient. It's just all this bloatware, privacy infringement, and most of all the relentless prompts, updates, and junk.

Looks like Pro helps. I want more than that, at this point, though. I've never been so frustrated with a PC in my life. Windows 10 feels like it's infected with a permanent virus.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

I tried. I really tried.

I disabled Cortana and disabled every possible setting that creates a prompt. Nothing seems permanent on this OS.

Windows update can't be disabled. It prompts and prompts until it eventually does an update. Each time it updates, it seems to turn all the annoyances back on. Anti Virus, Cortana, security prompts.. it all keeps coming back. Even that bulky annoying "Ribbon" comes back in file explorer.

Does anyone know of a nice comprehensive guide to make Windows 10 bearable? And if not a guide, perhaps a software suite that isn't equally annoying or resource hungry?

This operating system is so much harder to keep under control than Windows 7. I've already gone back to 7, until I can find some way to make Windows 10 bearable.

Lol the rage I feel when I see a new prompt from Windows.. I nearly smashed my monitor today.
If it comes back, you haven't turned it off. Services, scheduled tasks, group policy - that's where you have to turn things of so they stay turned off. Moving a slider in some settings menu pretty much does nothing.

·
Politically incorrect
9,292 Posts
I much prefer 8.1 over 7 but even ME is better than 10.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

I much prefer 8.1 over 7 but even ME is better than 10.
Riight, sure
smile.gif

" I'd LITERALLY eat feces than go to THAT restaurant! "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts