Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to connect my Xbox to my Monitor. My monitor has two inputs (DVI and VGA), with a button to switch between them; that's fine. My speakers have one input, but are connected to the computer outputs. Is there a switch I can use to toggle between PC sound and Xbox sound?

Quote:
Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
If you have the official VGA cable then it comes with audio inputs. You need to buy a 3.5mm to Stereo plug, which plugs the white and red cables into your Mic In port on your PC.

There's like five threads asking this, you could have searched.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
just buy a 3.5mm y splitter from your local radioshack :] it works great

• Rep+
Reactions: FountainDew

·
Registered
504 Posts
Need more info, I am currently doing the same thing as you with my monitor. But I have computer speakers that are only hooked to the computer and I have a stereo receiver that I have both my Xbox and my computer hooked into. So I have turn turn the stereo on to listen to xbox stuff but I can listen to computer or xbox on it. They have connectors that change single analog connectors into left right rca cables, and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
They also make 2 way audio switches such as these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049644

keep in mind, you will need to take the audio from your PC's sound card and convert it to RCA for this one I posted to work. Otherwise, you can find one that does A/B switching on 3.5mm headphones, but then you need to switch your xbox's from RCA to 3.5mm. So one or the other will need to be converted.

Considering the adapters for both cost about the same, its up to you which way you go. Honestly the RCA A/B switches are way easier to find, so all you would really need to do is get 2 of the 3.5mm to RCA Y cables (around 3m/6 feet each or so), take one from your comps headphone out to the Input A of this device, plug in the xbox's RCAs to input B, then take another 3.5mm to RCA 3m cable and take it from the output of the A/B switch to your monitors sound input. adjust lengths to fit your rooms layout. Then when you want to switch between Xbox and PC sound you just hit the toggle switch. cool part about this setup is you have the option to switch to PC audio and have your MP3 player going while you game on xbox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts