1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
What application do you have to burn the DVD?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean piece of software? I dont have any because when burn a normal cd you just drag to d drive and tell windows to burn it, dont dvds work in the same way?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negotiator
View Post

you mean piece of software? I dont have any because when burn a normal cd you just drag to d drive and tell windows to burn it, dont dvds work in the same way?

No, you have to have a piece of software to do anything. I am not sure... but I assume XP/Vista has a built-in CD burner and this is what your are using. Not sure if it has DVD burning software intergrated.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have roxio dvd/cd burner on a disk, will this help

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I personally use Nero7, I havent had a problem with it at all yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hmm, I am pretty sure Vista comes with built-in DVD burning, not sure about XP.
Have you tried 'right-clicking' the file you want to burn and select 'Send to' and then choose your dvd drive? If so, what options do you have?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
You can use media center in Vista to burn dvd`s but i`m not sure about XP.
Install roxio and that will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you drag and drop or use send to the options care cancel or retry, you just keep clicking on retry and nothing happens. Roxio is installed now so ill see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edstrung
View Post

Hmm, I am pretty sure Vista comes with built-in DVD burning, not sure about XP.
Have you tried 'right-clicking' the file you want to burn and select 'Send to' and then choose your dvd drive? If so, what options do you have?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update: Ok, roxio isnt working either. when i put a blank dvd into the drive the drive doesnt even see the disk at all. Using my link above is my drive definatly a dvd burner? Or do i need firmware update?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Make sure you are using the dvd portion of the software. If you have multiple drives in your system, it may be looking @ your cdrw instead of the dvdrw. This is a common problem when burning (for me) in Nero. Sometimes it's pointing to the cdrw.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
You need a software to burn a DVD.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nothing seems to be working, when i enter a blank dvd into the drive the d drive icon changes from a DVD ram to a CD drive, whats going on?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts